Discord Integration

Discord Integration [Paid] 1.2.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Hey Nix, considering getting this but I haven't seen any updates regarding the Discord channel categories problems people mentioned
There aren’t any issues with that. The issue that was mentioned turned out to be a configuration error.

All licensed up and able to post on forums like a normal person now. Having a bit of an issue with the integration test and the "list all roles" section in admin panel.

This is the error that displays when I click 'list all roles' instead of everyone + the other 3 roles I've created through discord.
Cannot use a scalar value as an array
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in NixFifty/Discord/ControllerAdmin/Discord.php at line 371
  2. NixFifty_Discord_ControllerAdmin_Discord->actionRoles() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 369
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 152
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/admin.php at line 13
Using php7.0-fpm which I assume qualifies as being '5.3+' unless the addon specifically needs something 5.x to work? Issue prevents me from editing User Groups on forums and syncing accounts doesn't seem to work either. Users can login with discord and the 'List Guild Members' tab has no trouble displaying everyone.

Issue with integration is the websocket, I have the bot showing up as a member of my discord server and when I click 'Initiate WebSocket' the bot appears to be online and everything appears to be working. After a few moments the bot goes back to being offline and when I rerun the test it doesn't matter whether the bot is online or not, it continues to show X for the websocket. Tried disabling the firewall and also tried recopying the bot authorization token as well. Normally I'd ignore this, but I'm not sure if it might be related to the other issue where 'list all roles' doesn't work.

If there's any other information that you need from me with regards to either of these issues just let me know.

This is the error that displays when I click 'list all roles' instead of everyone + the other 3 roles I've created through discord.
Make sure your bot user has admin permissions and is in a role higher than your other roles.
Issue with integration is the websocket, I have the bot showing up as a member of my discord server and when I click 'Initiate WebSocket' the bot appears to be online and everything appears to be working. After a few moments the bot goes back to being offline and when I rerun the test it doesn't matter whether the bot is online or not, it continues to show X for the websocket. Tried disabling the firewall and also tried recopying the bot authorization token as well. Normally I'd ignore this, but I'm not sure if it might be related to the other issue where 'list all roles' doesn't work.
Likely just a false positive. If you see the bot come online, the web socket is open. :)

Make sure your bot user has admin permissions and is in a role higher than your other roles.

Likely just a false positive. If you see the bot come online, the web socket is open. :)
Can't believe it was this simple, but changing the bots permissions and role worked like a charm! Many thanks. :D

Am curious -- would it make sense to use something like this (and Discord) as a way of doing live podcasts to our audience? Where they can interact with us, etc?

Ray

Am curious -- would it make sense to use something like this (and Discord) as a way of doing live podcasts to our audience? Where they can interact with us, etc?

Ray
You could do the podcast via Discord and use role permissions to only allow the podcasts hosts the ability to actually talk whilst the audience is muted. That would allow them to listen, not speak via voice chat but be able to use text chat instead.

You wouldn't need this add-on for that though.

This is pretty fascinating... Esp. the possibilities. Would XF users be able to create Discord accounts within this or do they need to go outside to register a Discord account to synch with XF?

Thanks!
Ray

This is pretty fascinating... Esp. the possibilities. Would XF users be able to create Discord accounts within this or do they need to go outside to register a Discord account to synch with XF?

Thanks!
Ray
They'd need to register a Discord account outside of your forum and then come back to your forum to connect it. :)

@NixFifty I think your xf1 addon is playing trouble with xenforo2, i'm having the following issues.

1523153530702.webp

It is preventing me from creating new Forum Nodes.
I have now uninstalled your xf1 addon in my xenforo 2 admin cp but did not help.

@NixFifty I think your xf1 addon is playing trouble with xenforo2, i'm having the following issues.

View attachment 172978

It is preventing me from creating new Forum Nodes.
I have now uninstalled your xf1 addon in my xenforo 2 admin cp but did not help.
Run these two SQL queries and that should take care of it:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_forum DROP COLUMN nf_discord_enable;
ALTER TABLE xf_forum DROP COLUMN nf_discord_channel_id;

@NixFifty I just ran across this addon. I have another members Discord integration which worked and has suddenly stopped (partially) they say it is an issue with Discord, but I was curious if yours is still fully functioning in the below categories so that I can switch to this one, as my community requires one that functions fully:

** User role syncing, including bans and private channel access by role and member name force -> this has stopped working in my current discord integration app
Thread push to defined discord channel per forum
Bot postings

Of course ** is the major need and concern.

Thanks Nix!

Top Bottom