DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools)

DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools) 1.2.2

No permission to download
FWIW everything appears to be working fine on my end. I have not used the spam cleaner yet though.

okay.. :) i just don't like installing wonky/unsure things though, that's just me haha. i might give it a go though... i'll think about it. xD

Hi All,

When new users try to register, they are getting a "server error" message upon submit. If I disable the addon they can register but then the spammers are also trying to do the same. This started in older version, I did update to 1.2 but same problem.

Thanks.

Hi All,

When new users try to register, they are getting a "server error" message upon submit. If I disable the addon they can register but then the spammers are also trying to do the same. This started in older version, I did update to 1.2 but same problem.

Thanks.

So you have this checked or unchecked?

Validate Registration on Failure
If checked, should the system be unable to connect to the SFS, FSL or BS database, a user will automatically be approved for registration. Otherwise they will be rejected at the door.

It is checked. Thanks.

I thought maybe one of my API keys but just installed stopforumspam using same keys and it is working fine.

i still haven't upgraded this yet, just been busy for most part, but still a little concerned with various issues still arising lol. Not sure if kinks are being ironed out for a new update release or not either... Or if there are no kinks at all, maybe all just user errors/screw ups/not doing something properly or whatever lol.

Reading the thread, the only issues I saw were user based. Which do you refer to?

Well, was referring to the posts SINCE the update release... I kinda got impression it was user fault too, just wasn't sure though either haha. xD xP

i still haven't upgraded this yet, just been busy for most part, but still a little concerned with various issues still arising lol. Not sure if kinks are being ironed out for a new update release or not either... Or if there are no kinks at all, maybe all just user errors/screw ups/not doing something properly or whatever lol.

In order to make it right, I disabled and then deleted the former version - then even deleted the folder for it via ftp. Then I installed this and it seems to work fine. Just a hint!

Oh, also - those columns don't have labels as a former user reported and there is also a "This is sample text." in the control panel under the main menu for the util.

However, it seems to work well and beggars can't be choosers! Thanks Jaxel....

In order to make it right, I disabled and then deleted the former version - then even deleted the folder for it via ftp. Then I installed this and it seems to work fine. Just a hint!

Thanks for that hint.. :) I don't have issue totally removing the plugin and reinstalling it, considering I only have StopForumSpam part of it going anyway, the other options weren't used yet lol.

I guess main concern was those few errors that were pointed out, and what you pointed out below here, and I forgot about it till now..

Oh, also - those columns don't have labels as a former user reported and there is also a "This is sample text." in the control panel under the main menu for the util.

Which appeared to me as an "unfinished product", which isn't a selling point for me of course haha. It obviously shows that the resource author wasn't finished with it yet, so my as well wait till the product is complete / double, triple, quadruple checked lol. I dunno, I just don't have new test forum setup on localhost to install/test it, and usually do resources right on live site, because I'm trusting the resource authors, they're work is good / completed, error free, etc.

However, it seems to work well and beggars can't be choosers! Thanks Jaxel....
Thank you! I was hoping someone would tell me it was "supposed to look like that!"

I've been sitting here reinstalling, deleting and until now, nobody said theirs was that way too.

Still, it seems like these are minor bugs. Maybe Jaxel knows what each column means but the average end user wont. I still don't. Needs headings. The "This is sample text" thing...just odd.

Functionality works great though. Don't get me wrong. I run a lot of Jaxels products on my site, and have donated for each one I've kept. This one seems to need a little tweaking though.

• "Sample Text" needs to go away.
  • Navigation problem (previously mentioned) needs to go away. When selecting options you should stay on the Xentiles tab.
  • There should be headings in the Registration log indicating what each column means.
  • IP's should be clickable and resolve to whatever service you use to trace IP's.

Navigation problem (previously mentioned) needs to go away. When selecting options you should stay on the Xentiles tab.

If I'm not mistaken, these are option groups created using XF's options in the ACP, as you can see the "option groups" dropdown which selects any of the options. No matter the option group it will probably always fall under the home tab. Effectively it's just an admin navigation link to the option group which just provides an additional way to find the option settings.

Aight, I decided to upgrade the resource anyway, and didn't get errors at all -with test registration nor ACP. (However, I didn't use any other options except just StopForumSpam. I'll try the other two options then.) I left the previous version installed/enabled and just uploaded the update version right over it/overwriting files, ran upgrade from server. It's just showing/saying 1 out of 0 for bad registrations, but had like 95 plus pages before lol. Must be because of what Jaxel said previously...

That just means it hasn't logged any registrations yet... once a log exists, that error will go away... forgot to put in a failsafe for it... hehe. Its really no harm.

Just I wouldn't think previous bad registration/spam logs would be wiped out though, because it's just update/upgrade for previous version lol. IMHO, it shouldn't clear the old logs at all.

Confirmed, get all that too. But I don't see it as major issue, perhaps just minor "fixes/tweaks" in next release.

I noticed an error during installation. While rebuilding caches, I got two errors. They did not get logged to the server error log. Just said "An error occurred while rebuilding caches..." Continue? I pressed continue twice and it proceeded.

Unconfirmed, didn't get any errors whilst installing, nor when rebuilding caches or whatever.

========================================================================================================

Now what I tried though, was doing test registration of one of my usual usernames "spencerp", that was denied before whilst using previous version of this resource. I had the "Enable the Challenging of Usernames" checked for StopForumSpam, for StopForumSpam Heuristics - Medium (2), and signed up with username "spencerp" and good email address, and was successful. However, signing up with "spencerp" and a known spam listed email address "singapolers@gmail.com" in their database and also successful. So I just made Heuristics High (1), attempted registration again, and it was denied because email address was listed in their database. Then tried again with good email address and "spencerp" and was successful. Everything appears to be working just fine / great - as intended. Love it! :D

P.S. Not sure what the down-vote stuff is all about, just have it disabled.. But is it worth even enabling or not, what's it's purpose and etc? I'm confused haha

Is there a way to purge some of the blocked registrations? I've got about 6000 entries in 3 days which I don't need to keep in the database. It would be cool if you could set the number of entries to keep before rolling over and just have a tally of how many registrations blocked in total. Thanks for a great addon!

I'll probably hold off updating, until I'm sure the stuff is fixed.
What stuff? So far I've seen FOUR "warnings", no errors.

1 - until there is a log entry, there will be a foreach error on the log page... this is to be expected and causes no harm. I just forgot to supress the error.

2 - there is no headings in the log page's table... was lazy, didn't put it in. again, does no harm, not an error.

3 - xenutiles home page still has sample text... not a graphic artist... can't make splash graphics like the rest of xenforo. does no harm, not an error.

4 - hitting an option link brings you back to the xenforo tab. I don't know how to fix this, but... does no harm, not an error.

So... no errors? Mod is working as intented.

Also, the reason why the old registration logs are gone is because this new version completely changes the database structure for the registration logs; this way the database can be way more verbose and have more data.

Is there a way to purge some of the blocked registrations? I've got about 6000 entries in 3 days which I don't need to keep in the database. It would be cool if you could set the number of entries to keep before rolling over and just have a tally of how many registrations blocked in total. Thanks for a great addon!

I agree, would be a great feature to add.

Top Bottom