[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare®

[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare® 1.8.4.1

No permission to download
Another option if it's easier would be to edit the DigitalPoint\Cloudflare\XF\Entity\AttachmentData.php file and just remove the whole isDataAvailable() method there. It would effectively be the same end result (stop extending that method).

That being said, I'd still consider fixing the root of the issue where you have broken attachments (attachments that exist without the corresponding attachment data). Hiding the error from the admin error log makes your error log smaller, but your users are still seeing the errors on their end.

It wouldn't be terribly difficult to make a utility to spin through all your attachments, check if the data portion exists and if it doesn't delete those attachments. Probably talking about 10-20 lines of code to do all that. That would save your end users from getting errors all the time...

1693126649965.webp

Whenever there are around 150 images within a topic on my forum site, I encounter errors when creating a guide due to the fast loading of the page. Could you please explain why this happens? There's a temporary ban occurring after a while. Is there a solution available for this?

Whenever there are around 150 images within a topic on my forum site, I encounter errors when creating a guide due to the fast loading of the page. Could you please explain why this happens? There's a temporary ban occurring after a while. Is there a solution available for this?
Looks like you may be exceeding the limits on your plan? If so... upgrade?

View attachment 290396

Nothing to do with this addon, but I’d go through your Cloudflare settings. My guess is you have something that is applying rate limiting to your users (maybe security level for example).

I assume you already checked to see if you setup an actual rate limiting rule that’s being applied…

Last edited:
For the pre-signed URLs, Cloudflare isn't using HTTP/2 so it's reporting in GTMETRIX has quite a performance hit
Isn't that a separate issue, and a toggle-able setting in /admin.php?cloudflare/? Mine is "on" but greyed out, and I have pre-signed URLs enabled, and ran a check of my forum with gtmetrix and didn't get that same notice that you did.
Screenshot 2023-08-31 062424.webp

Isn't that a separate issue, and a toggle-able setting in /admin.php?cloudflare/? Mine is "on" but greyed out, and I have pre-signed URLs enabled, and ran a check of my forum with gtmetrix and didn't get that same notice that you did.
View attachment 290564
That's for your own URL, when they are pre-signed, they use a Cloudflare domain, so I don't think that option is related.

FWIW, I suspect it has something to do with R2 using an S3 compatible API (the API endpoint is used not only “traditional” API calls, but also the presigned URL requests). And Amazon’s S3 API doesn’t support HTTP/2 or HTTP/3 either.

Hopefully they do upgrade that at some point and don’t stay rooted in limitations of S3.

@digitalpoint I just had a chat with CF support. The questions became quite technical about methods used by this addon, so I could not answer all. I think it may be good if you would directly contact them to see what possibilities there are to use HTTP/3 There apparently are some. They advised me to setup a custom domain in order to make use of HTTP3, caching, etc and claimed it would certainly speed up page load. They referred me to:

I filed a suggestion to make R2 presigned URL's HTTP/3. I hope that other people will do the same, in order to put the demand on CF's radar. It would make quite a difference.

Ya that’s already how the data bucket works… public URL so it doesn’t need to hit the S3 API. So it’s probably already doing all the things they are suggesting. The issue here is we need to do server-side permission checking for users for the attachments. So you can’t just make all attachments blindly public like we do with avatars. And that’s the problem… can’t avoid it unless you wanted to do away with user group permissions for attachments.

Bonjour,
Pourriez-vous m'aider s'il vous plaît ? Voici ma question :
Quel accès faut-il donner au token cloudfare pour accéder à la page des paramètres ?

That's the one.
Ya, it wouldn’t be terribly difficult, so will see it in the next version.

That being said, I would think administrators would want to address the underlying issue rather than just not have admins see that there’s an issue. Just to be clear, end users will still see errors, so all it’s going to do is hide from admins that there is an issue with a particular attachment. Users will still see errors either way.

Ya, it wouldn’t be terribly difficult, so will see it in the next version.

That being said, I would think administrators would want to address the underlying issue rather than just not have admins see that there’s an issue. Just to be clear, end users will still see errors, so all it’s going to do is hide from admins that there is an issue with a particular attachment. Users will still see errors either way.

No I get that, in my case these are decade old image references that no one will ever check, crazy references to tapatalk etc.... I can live on the edge :)

Appreciate the swifth response/update.

No I get that, in my case these are decade old image references that no one will ever check, crazy references to tapatalk etc.... I can live on the edge :)

Appreciate the swifth response/update.
Well if you are getting an error in the error log, it means someone is trying to look at it.

Either way, it’s already an option that has been done on my end for the next version.

• Love
Reactions: rdn
If you use R2 for attachments, enabling the use of presigned URLs should make viewing attachments substantially faster (in case it's not clear or you didn't read the update notes). :)

Nice feature! but when quoting a post with images i get broken links or downloading .data files.

Back
Top Bottom