Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
digitalpoint updated Digital Point Ad Positioning with a new update entry:

Added AdSense functions

• New option: Certain forum categories can be set to never display AdSense
  • New option: Certain forum categories can conditionally disallow AdSense if the thread has an image in it
  • Moderators can manually flag a thread for AdSense suppression from Thread Tools menu
  • Support for AdSense crawling on login-protected pages (private forums or conversations for example)
  • Never show AdSense ads on login, logout, registration or error pages
  • Internal code clean up

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

The branding messes up my footer. I have no problem with the branding but this doesn't look good.
For the rest great update.
digitalpoint.webp

This add gets better and better. My 2 suggestions.

A. Change layout (Get the text to wrap around the ad) I've notiched that the ad splits up the text.

Currently
now.webp

My Suggestion
suggestion.webp

Also could
or.webp

B. (Enable feature to pick which reply # to always put an ad into) My personal settings would be:
Reply 1 Always put ad here
Reply 2
Reply 3
Reply 4
Reply 5 Always put ad here
Reply 6
Reply 7
Reply 8
Reply 9
Reply 10 Always put ad here

Those are my suggestions.

Thanks for this mod. I really like it.

Last edited:
can the adsense suppression work when adsense code is invoked as DFP filler?

or alternatively can you suppress DFP ad code instead of adsense code on specific threads, which is what I had to do anyway to get back onto adsense after they suspended my account....

This add gets better and better. My 2 suggestions.

A. Change layout (Get the text to wrap around the ad) I've notiched that the ad splits up the text.

Currently
View attachment 70881

My Suggestion
View attachment 70882

Also could
View attachment 70883

B. (Enable feature to pick which reply # to always put an ad into) My personal settings would be:
Reply 1 Always put ad here
Reply 2
Reply 3
Reply 4
Reply 5 Always put ad here
Reply 6
Reply 7
Reply 8
Reply 9
Reply 10 Always put ad here

Those are my suggestions.

Thanks for this mod. I really like it.
For item A... you can do that already... the HTML you use for the ad can include things like a surrounding div that you can set a style to "float: right" if you want. It doesn't have to JUST be the ad code.

Not sure about item B... you start running into issues there (for example you can only have 3 AdSense ad units on a page as a whole)...

I don't like that my moderators can now turn off my ads. Is there a way I can see which ones have been suppressed? How can I disable this?

Yeah, but should be more I assume... like a .js file?

right - the bit for the header is

Code:
<script type='text/javascript'>
var googletag = googletag || {};
googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || [];
(function() {
var gads = document.createElement('script');
gads.async = true;
gads.type = 'text/javascript';
var useSSL = 'https:' == document.location.protocol;
gads.src = (useSSL ? 'https:' : 'http:') +
'//www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js';
var node = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
node.parentNode.insertBefore(gads, node);
})();
</script>

googletag.cmd.push(function() {
googletag.defineSlot('/1049069/Content_MPU', [300, 250], 'div-gpt-ad-xxxxxxxxxxxxx-x').addService(googletag.pubads());
googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest();
googletag.enableServices();
});
</script>

the ad invocation code for the page is

Code:
<!-- Content_MPU -->
<div id='div-gpt-ad-xxxxxxxxxxxxx-x' style='width:300px; height:250px;'>
googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-xxxxxxxxxxxxx-x'); });
</script>
</div>

Yeah, it wouldn't suppress those ads based on that code... but if you wanted to utilize the internal variable it uses for the area (template I assume) it adds the stuff in the header, you should be able to...

Code:
<xen:if is=!"{$GLOBALS.adsenseRestrict}">
...your JS code here...
</xen/if>

I do have this addon installed (haven't upgraded for awhile) but I didn't recall this being an external download... No problem with that, but I just tried registering at Digital Point and got an error saying "new registrations are closed" I'm pretty sure I haven't registered before at DP. Will registrations be open again soon?

I do have this addon installed (haven't upgraded for awhile) but I didn't recall this being an external download... No problem with that, but I just tried registering at Digital Point and got an error saying "new registrations are closed" I'm pretty sure I haven't registered before at DP. Will registrations be open again soon?
If you have a Facebook account, sign up with that... That will get around it.

Well I seem to of got it working but only for text. When i add the code below. It goes to the "middle right." Middle of the text and the text stays on the left. But for some reason it doesnt work for BBCODE images. The ad always goes to the bottom. Havent tested on attachements.

<div style="float: right; width: 308px;">
Add Code Here
</div>

I don't use adsense. I use a different ad company. I think we're allowed more than 3 on a page. I'll have to ask them.

Is there an ideal way to get this Ad to display in the Top right of the first post and work with responsive? If so, does anyone mind sharing the code they used? Would be fab!

Top Bottom