XF 2.2 Detailed startup guide for newbies on migrating to, and setting up a Xenforo forum. Including reddit-like titles, and threaded comments. [Centmin Mod]

MaximilianKohler

This is a collection of all the information I came across while setting up my own Xenforo forum. I'll keep it updated as I learn more. Please comment here if you have any feedback, corrections, or additions.

Last edited:

This is a collection of all the information I came across while setting up my own Xenforo forum. I'll keep it updated as I learn more. Please comment here if you have any feedback, corrections, or additions.
Eerrr... why not submit it as a resource?

Eerrr... why not submit it as a resource?
Oh, I was looking at which forum it would belong in and noticed that the tips & guides wasn't open for submissions. I forgot about the resources. One reason I put it on github was for the table of contents and because the threads here don't let you edit after 24 hours, and the word-count-limit.

I guess I could have submitted it here https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/xenforo-tips-guides-2-x.43/ instead. Maybe a mod can move it there if they think it's appropriate. But if you mean to copy-paste the whole text there, I think the length of the post and lack of ToC would be issues.

Hmm, actually, I don't know for sure that a ToC wouldn't work on Xenforo. Let me try. Doesn't seem to work. Perhaps that's a feature they could add.

Last edited:
I've found your detailed startup guide quite helpful on several occasions.

Thank you for sharing this and please know your efforts are appreciated.

Top Bottom