delete PC

Ajaxboy

opt-in option in the admin for groups ability to delete their own PC messages, and maybe delete other PC messages (for mods and admins).

Some times you want to delete stuff on a PC, and also some times firefox is running so slow that u hit the button multiple times and causes the message to be posted several times so I think this is a feature that it is needed. It is not high priority but it is still needed some times

Upvote 17
opt-in option in the admin for groups ability to delete their own PC messages, and maybe delete other PC messages (for mods and admins).

Some times you want to delete stuff on a PC, and also some times firefox is running so slow that u hit the button multiple times and causes the message to be posted several times so I think this is a feature that it is needed. It is not high priority but it is still needed some times

There is an add-on for that Treasurer. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tlk-readpc.15460/

You can delete your own pc's now, one at a time.
I do agree that we need to be able to delete multiple, or all, pc's, in one action.
I also believe that this has been suggested at least a couple of times.

Is there any means to limit the number of PM's (conversations) that a user may have?
I believe that leaving the conversation will soft delete it but how are these conversations physically deleted?

The number of conversations isn't a configurable option.

Once all participants have left a conversation, it is automatically deleted as part of a routine cron task.

So a conversation between 2 people - as soon as one leaves - it will be deleted? Surely it doesn't require both the have to end it??
Otherwise what controls does the Admin have at his disposal?

So a conversation between 2 people - as soon as one leaves - it will be deleted? Surely it doesn't require both the have to end it??
Otherwise what controls does the Admin have at his disposal?
Once all participants have left a conversation, it is automatically deleted as part of a routine cron task.
No, only when ALL participants leave.

OK thanks.
So, no upper limit to the number of permitted conversations and no ability to enforce the deletion of conversations.
1) Can the Admin have the means to see how many conversations are out there and the space being utilized etc?
2) Can an Admin see by user how many conversations exist?
3) Can conversations be restricted in any way on a per user basis?

Basically what control does the Admin have?

I believe I saw that PC's handling attachments is either here in 1.1 or coming very soon.
The space issue will therefore become even more pressured for many admins.

I need this delete deal, like inline delete by selecting... I get 30-40 pm's per day... I currently have 20 pages of pm's and I frown everytime
I try to clearn them out

OK thanks.
So, no upper limit to the number of permitted conversations and no ability to enforce the deletion of conversations.
1) Can the Admin have the means to see how many conversations are out there and the space being utilized etc?
2) Can an Admin see by user how many conversations exist?
3) Can conversations be restricted in any way on a per user basis?

Basically what control does the Admin have?

Could we possibly get a Developer response to this problem and what option exist till such time as it can be formally addressed?

Looks like this will have to be covered by an add-on as there are no plans to cover it in the core code.
Over to the coders zone!

I have 70 pages of personal messages and a moderator said he had 50... Imagine how difficult the deletion process is... I hope some bulk management comes to XenForo soon.

Top Bottom