DataTables BB Code by Waindigo [Deleted]

During bug fixing of another addon a developer encountered the following bug:
There is a bug in Waindingo's Table parser. It starts a new parser for each table cell, while reusing the same formatter and not creating the parser object in the appropriate way. The problem here is that it uses 'new XenForo_BbCode_Parser' instead of 'XenForo_BbCode_Parser::create'. This can have unexpected results because the class is not extended in the same way as the original. Please report this in the appropriate channel.
As for the Waindingo bug I reported to you in my previous PM, I would also suggest that the mod stores the parser it creates in a property or as a scoped static, so that it isn't creating a new parser object for every table on the page. It's reusing the formatter, so why not reuse the parser?

Check the options for the add-on. You probably haven't checked the option to allow vertical pipes.

I went to install this today,and it wanted to overwrite other files of yours. Is this certain to be okay and not harm other plugins?

I went to install this today,and it wanted to overwrite other files of yours. Is this certain to be okay and not harm other plugins?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this is fine. The files will be identical so it is fine to overwrite them.

Thanks @Waindigo - Well, I got concerned when I saw at least one was a different filesize. Should I retry and tell you which?

Edit: Do appreciate the reply. :)

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this is fine. The files will be identical so it is fine to overwrite them.

Thanks @Waindigo - Well, I got concerned when I saw at least one was a different filesize. Should I retry and tell you which?

Edit: Do appreciate the reply. :)

LoadClass.php - my current is 364 bytes, this one is 388

I can download current if you want but I just assume you have all your plugins available and will know which it is :)

LoadClass.php - my current is 364 bytes, this one is 388

I can download current if you want but I just assume you have all your plugins available and will know which it is :)

Ok, So the one I currently have on my server is this:
Code:
<?php
$rootDir = XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->getRootDir();

$version = 0;
if ($handle = opendir($rootDir . '/Waindigo/Listener/LoadClass')) {
    while (false !== ($entry = readdir($handle))) {
        if (intval($entry) > $version) {
            $version = intval($entry);
        }
    }
}

require_once $rootDir . '/Waindigo/Listener/LoadClass/' . $version . '.php';

and the one this one wants to use is this:
Code:
<?php

$rootDir = XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->getRootDir();

$version = 0;
if ($handle = opendir($rootDir . '/Waindigo/Listener/LoadClass')) {
    while (false !== ($entry = readdir($handle))) {
        if (intval($entry) > $version) $version = intval($entry);
    }
}

require_once $rootDir . '/Waindigo/Listener/LoadClass/' . $version . '.php';

Looks like the only diff is the syntax on that nested if and it's "then". What do you think?

Edit: I liked the one currently on server so I skipped all overwrites - all looks good. Thanks for the plugin!

Last edited:
Some really old add-ons have a different version as you've pointed out. Nothing major though.

After upgrade to xf 1.2.4:
File Health Check
Potential Problems
  1. library/Waindigo/DataTables/Extend/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php File does not contain expected contents.

After upgrade to xf 1.2.4:
File Health Check
Potential Problems
  1. library/Waindigo/DataTables/Extend/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php File does not contain expected contents.
The files look good to me. You might want to re-upload all the files from the zip for this add-on and run the File Health Check again.

Top Bottom