database size unusual?

3d Dental

My database is now over 400MB and that does not include a backup.

Is this unusual for web site with less than 50,000 posts and only 2200 members?

Three years old.

Site is down and exceeded my storage capacity for my server and I cant seem to get networksolutions to upgrade me to 1000MB database storage.

I paid for it Four days ago but some tech issue nobody can explain to me reason for the issues with adding space?

www.3d-dental.com

Yesterday Mr. Turbo and I changed MySQL password to admin and also edit the config.php to match of course.

Site instantly started to work as normal again.

Had a ticket open with networksolutions since Tues!

My database is frozen and no access.

Is it normal to have database over 400MB ?

Networksolutions tell me that need to have access to it to grab some tables?

Then, they can do something?

My database is now over 400MB and that does not include a backup.

Is this unusual for web site with less than 50,000 posts and only 2200 members?

Three years old.

Site is down and exceeded my storage capacity for my server and I cant seem to get networksolutions to upgrade me to 1000MB database storage.
You can go into phpmyadmin and look at the tables, order by size, and look for one that is extraordinarily large. Usually that is the search index, which you can “drop” and rebuild later. Once you drop it, search won’t work until it’s rebuilt but that would reduce the database size temporarily. I’d check first through to see if that might have some unintended consequences

@Chris D any thoughts on that as a temporary course of action?

I now have access to everything again.....after changing passwords again!

Same as yesterday.

So...anyone care to accept some money to look at my xeno stuff?

Why is my database over 400MB with such a small site?

calling xenoforo experts to work for money.

Check my stuff and tell me if looks normal or not?

using phpMyAdmin and also have FTP open to access other files.

?

Whatever you need access to.

I require for you to download teamviewer and join me on my PC.
That way....I do not have to tell you any of my passwords!

It is for my protection guys.

I am not working with help by typing back and fourth anyother wAy

My advice... find a new qualified hosting provider immediately and since you are apparently using cPanel have them do a cPanel -> cPanel transfer for you.

People were probably waiting for some indication about your table sizes, which you only provided in your previous message.

To be honest, those numbers look fairly normal (and the size). The IP log is pruned every day, removing any items older than 1 year. You can change that in the Admin CP. Search "ipLogCleanUp" in the Admin CP though I wouldn't expect it to have a huge impact on database size.

The size of your stuff however is likely a very moot point. If you move to another host, then you can make sure they can provide a reasonable amount of storage. Even the cheapest host I can find gives you 100GB of storage...

I have 300000 MB (300GB) of total Web Disk Storage space, but only 300MB of that is dedicated to my database

I am trying to get the database moved or upgraded to 1000MB storage size.

According to networksolutions....my site is very large database and they seem to think this is an issue.

The size of my database has fluxuated wildly!

Monday was 340MB......Wed was 180MB......today now over 400MB

Networksolutions tell me NOBODY....ZERO of their customers have a database over 1GB

That is not even possible to buy that much storage space just for the database!

They say my database is too large for what it is.

The maximum amount to buy is 1GB for the actual database itself.

I would feel great if an expert would check out my database and ?? to tell me if something is out of the norm

Having 82,000 rows in xf_ip is OK you are saying??

Happy to take a look, but yes, IP's quickly build up, so pruning them off keeps that table small.

To be honest, those numbers look fairly normal (and the size). The IP log is pruned every day, removing any items older than 1 year. You can change that in the Admin CP. Search "ipLogCleanUp" in the Admin CP though I wouldn't expect it to have a huge impact on database size.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom