• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Dark & Red

When you make a post the letters are not showing as you type the message. How do I change the color? Black on black is obviously not going to work.

When you make a post the letters are not showing as you type the message. How do I change the color? Black on black is obviously not going to work.

I am confused by this too.. To be clear, I am using version 2 of the skin.

If I go into the Style Properties and adjust the color for @textCtrlText, that changes the background color of the tinymce editor. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the correct method since it will adversely affect the other areas of the site.

I dug into the style templates and saw that form.css contained this:
HTML:
.textCtrl
{
    @property "textCtrl";
    font-size: 13px;
    font-family: Calibri, 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    color: @textCtrlText;
    background-color: @textCtrlBackground;
    padding: 3px;
    margin-bottom: 2px;
    border: 1px solid silver;
    border-radius: 4px;
    outline: 0;
    @property "/textCtrl";
}

Then by searching for .textCtrl I found this within the xenforo_overlay.css:
HTML:
.xenOverlay .section .textCtrl.MessageEditor,
.xenOverlay .section .mceLayout,
.xenOverlay .section .bbCodeEditorContainer textarea
{
width: 100% !important;
min-height: 260px;
_height: 260px;
box-sizing: border-box;
}

So to me, it looks like this should be working, but somehow tinyMCE is ignoring the bgcolor and using the textctrl's 'color' property instead.

What am I missing here? :)

edit: screenshot never hurts!

97pVG.png

I am confused by this too.. To be clear, I am using version 2 of the skin

edit: screenshot never hurts!.

hmmm... try this. Open the template EXTRA.css and add this below everything else at the very bottom.

Code:
.mceforcecolors {
color: black !important;
}

failing that,

Code:
body.mceforcecolors {
color: black !important;
}

I've not encountered this error myself so gonna have to check it out somehow.

So, yeah none of the tinyMCE fixes work. Not sure why. I added the code as you said into the Extra CSS file but it's not over-riding and am getting white text on white background which makes it impossible to post new threads as you can't see anything you're typing. Not sure what's going on with this theme. :(

With tinyMCE not working properly, this theme is unusable as no one can post anything because they can't see what they're typing. Hope it gets fixed soon, this would be an awesome theme and one of the few dark theme offerings on here.

Add this to the end of extra.css and it'll fix the issue with the text control.
Code:
body.mceForceColors
{
@property "/body.background";
@property "body.font";
font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
color: #000;
text-decoration: none;
@property "/body.font";
}

Code:
body,
body.mceForceColors
{
@property "body.font";
@property "/body.font";
}

Code:
mceForceColors

body.mceforcecolors { color: black !important; }

whoops, I fail at capslock :p

Code:
mceForceColors

body.mceforcecolors { color: black !important; }

whoops, I fail at capslock :p
That wouldn't have fixed it, I tried that and about ~15 other things.

Theres a weird issue with the your editor in general. Go into palette style properties, change @textCtrlText, and it'll also change the background color, which was the issue.

I couldn't narrow down what was doing it, but I figured out the above fix until you can get around to it.

I followed your instructions and pasted the code in, and it WORKED. It fixed the problem with the tinymce editor. BUT, it also turned the text in the message it created to black. So it became black text on black background and it disappeared. So yeah it's the same problem but this time in reverse. :(

This is a great theme, I guess I will have to wait until DOA can play around with it and find a fix.

Code:
body,
body.mceForceColors
{
@property "body.font";
@property "/body.font";
}

I followed your instructions and pasted the code in, and it WORKED. It fixed the problem with the tinymce editor. BUT, it also turned the text in the message it created to black. So it became black text on black background and it disappeared. So yeah it's the same problem but this time in reverse. :(

This is a great theme, I guess I will have to wait until DOA can play around with it and find a fix.
You just need to go into Style Properties -> Message Layout -> Rich Text Control and set the color to black and it should work.

No need for the code I posted, though if you still have issues remove the body, from it and it should work.

Code:
body.mceForceColors
{
@property "body.font";
@property "/body.font";
}

Top Bottom