[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Could you try re-installing Custom Fields? I think this might happen if you install Resource Manager AFTER you install Custom Fields. I am trying to work out a way to get around this.

I did re-install it over the top of the current one when I got the error, would you like me to remove it completely and try again?

This is not possible at present. You will need to create your own conditional statement to output the appropriate value in the header. This is something that we will add in future though.

This is not currently available.

Thanks for the reply! Not the answer we were hoping for but we understand. We are already using conditionals in the way you suggest but this is far from ideal as it can be error prone, especially if the text fields change. We would love to see this added in the future - I feel its kind really is pretty necessary if you want to use the text fields in a robust way.

Is it possible to sort on a custom field?
No, this is not possible at the moment and would require quite a bit of work to implement without causing a massive query overhead. Search on custom fields should be available soon though.

I would like to have an option for custom thread fields. The custom thread fields would only appear when browsing a forum that uses custom thread fields.

erf1.webp

When clicking on a thread, the custom thread fields would appear only in the first post of the thread.

erf2.webp

When creating a new thread in a forum that uses custom thread fields, the custom thread fields would appear below the title. The admin would have an option to have the custom thread fields set as mandatory.
erf3.webp

Another option I would like to have is the ability to have a date picker for the custom field.

That sounds good, optima.

I would also like the datepicker to ouput the date in an array:
$date.day
$date.month
$date.year
$date.weekday
$date.weeknumber
$date.hour
$date.minute
$date.second

I can't seem to understand how this add-on works. I created a custom thread field and it was showing up during thread creation. However after posting the thread the text I posted does not show up. Neither does the field show up when editing the first post of the thread.

I can't seem to understand how this add-on works. I created a custom thread field and it was showing up during thread creation. However after posting the thread the text I posted does not show up. Neither does the field show up when editing the first post of the thread.
To get it to show up in the post, you have to add it to the header for that particular node to get it to appear. Fields do not currently appear automatically. As for showing up on edit, you have to edit the thread, not the post.

I would like to have an option for custom thread fields. The custom thread fields would only appear when browsing a forum that uses custom thread fields.

View attachment 45293

When clicking on a thread, the custom thread fields would appear only in the first post of the thread.

View attachment 45294

When creating a new thread in a forum that uses custom thread fields, the custom thread fields would appear below the title. The admin would have an option to have the custom thread fields set as mandatory.
View attachment 45295

Another option I would like to have is the ability to have a date picker for the custom field.

Would anyone like to help out with the cost to have these features added?. Please PM me if you are interested.

The additional fields are displaying below the WYSIWYG editor, how can i make them display between the thread title and the WYSIWYG editor? Also, is it possible to hide the WYSIWYG editor so the thread can only be submitted with the new fields?

The additional fields are displaying below the WYSIWYG editor, how can i make them display between the thread title and the WYSIWYG editor? Also, is it possible to hide the WYSIWYG editor so the thread can only be submitted with the new fields?
This is something that we are looking to implement in future (see above), however it is possible to do it yourself with a template edit (although I can't remember how off the top of my head).

Hey everyone,

Quick question. I would like to have resource_list_item display a custom user field under the "Last Updated" text. I can get custom user fields to display properly in the resource post, but not on the listing. {$customFields.listing_customuserfield} is what I use in the header template on a category, this displays just fine. However, when I try to use that on resouce_list_item it shows nothing. I tried {$resource.customFields.listing_shipping} and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

Quick question. I would like to have resource_list_item display a custom user field under the "Last Updated" text. I can get custom user fields to display properly in the resource post, but not on the listing. {$customFields.listing_customuserfield} is what I use in the header template on a category, this displays just fine. However, when I try to use that on resouce_list_item it shows nothing. I tried {$resource.customFields.listing_shipping} and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

To make it appear in the same box as "Last Updated", edit the Custom Resource Field, go to the last tab and check the box to display in the information box. If your Custom Resource Field is not in a Custom Resource Field Group, it will display in the main information box (otherwise it will display in its own box underneath).

If you want to put it somewhere else, you will need to use the variable {$customFieldsGrouped}. This is an array of all custom resource fields by group. Use {xen:helper dump, {$customFieldsGrouped}} to see what this array looks like. You will need something like {$customFieldsGrouped.0.fields.listing_shipping.fieldValueHtml}.

Top Bottom