Current Litigation

Jerry, remember what I posted about Mr. Brisco looking for a fall guy for the flop of his management decisions in the vBulletin acquisition ??

Then the resulting bail out of the entire company when Bill Gross had seen enough ??

Like I said, and I stand by it, not everyone has the luxury of choosing what one knows is right. That is not an excuse though, it's just reality.
I have to disagree. Everyone has the ability to chose what is right. The problem is the choices have consequences. Sometimes the consequences of being right outweigh the value of being right. That's the tradeoff most of us live with.

But material cooperation with evil regardless of the consequences should always be avoided. We all understand that it is rarely black and white, but usually shades of grey. But when it is black vs. white, good vs. evil, absolute right vs. absolute wrong, there is no rationalization or consequence that allows for the wrong choice.

I have to disagree. Everyone has the ability to chose what is right. The problem is the choices have consequences. Sometimes the consequences of being right outweigh the value of being right. That's the tradeoff most of us live with.

But material cooperation with evil regardless of the consequences should always be avoided. We all understand that it is rarely black and white, but usually shades of grey. But when it is black vs. white, good vs. evil, absolute right vs. absolute wrong, there is no rationalization or consequence that allows for the wrong choice.

How about those ex-soldiers for the Libiyan army. Shot and burned for refusing to fire upon the protesters.

If put in the same possition, would you take up arms or be killed for refusing to do your job? Some of these soldiers will be trialed for taking up arms, but it isn't black or white is it, how many do you think are doing it out of the fear of being killed themseleves, or their families being targgeted by Gaddafi?

Just a point of note about chosing to "doing the right thing" and "taking the moral high ground" - how many of us bought a license to support xF when they heard about the law suit? Who saw it as corporate bullying and scare mongering?

Who walked away from vB on the back of it? You see, we do sometimes have the power to do the right thing, and it doesn't necessarily have to have a negative impact. Who wants to swap their xF board back to vB? Anyone? No?

Well there you have it. 'Nuff said!!!
biggrin.png

I found this on Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XenForo if you look under "Internet Brands Lawsuits".

On 7th February, Judge Manual Real denied all three motions, by XenForo and its developer Kier Darby, to dismiss the case on grounds of forum non conveniens, non-subject matter jurisdiction and personal jurisdiction in California arguing that the California lawsuit is duplicative of the UK action.

Back
Top Bottom