CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
You may want to check how that looks in a narrow width.
I suspect it won't work too well having a large right margin.

Try just removing the float:right so it is before the thread title.

It seemed ok except on a cell phone, with that being said, how can I hide the add on on a cell phone. (perhaps should be an option in the future as well.)

Support or "help" - especially with a paid add on could be a bit more clear, I am not a coder, nor am I very good at it. Hence why I don't make my own add ons and pay for them instead. I am not asking for much, Simple code to add would be grateful instead of me spending hours trying to find it or figure it out myself.

The guide I have linked to explains everything you need to know about responsive design.

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
    @media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {
        .ctaFtBlock {
        display: none;
        }
    }
</xen:if>

The guide I have linked to explains everything you need to know about responsive design.

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
    @media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {
        .ctaFtBlock {
        display: none;
        }
    }
</xen:if>
Thank you - worked like a dream @Brogan (y)

One thing you may want to look into, not sure if it can be fixed is when viewing mobile (small device - cell phone) horizontal the "likes" button is not aligned with other buttons and falls below the other buttons.

photo.webp

That is the nature of floats and there's nothing that can be done about it when there isn't enough width.
Other elements in the default style behave the same way.

I would suggest removing some of the elements, either via the Style Properties, or, to just affect narrower widths, use media queries.

The featured threads page did not inherit my CSS changes on the featured thread on the home page- any easy way to make this happen?

Hi @Brogan,

Get this error now:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: enabled - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:277
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 11:33 AM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(277): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/pgweb/pub...', 277, Array)
#1 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatured()
#2 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(59) "http://precursorgames.com/forums/index.php?threads/featured"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["threads/featured"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Any idea?

The latest upgrade actually sets it to off for everyone, due to the ID changing.

So anyone who was actually using the page before will need to enable it again.

The latest upgrade actually sets it to off for everyone, due to the ID changing.

So anyone who was actually using the page before will need to enable it again.

Ah makes sense :). Thanks you and sorry for not noticing this in the previous replies.

Hey Brogan, really nice addon. I will buy it asap. By now, let me suggest smth (not mandatory for my purchase, ofc.. consider as a contribution for further ideas):

A way to add a specific featured thread on another thread.. If possible, based on the prefix.. A common use case for this is:

I have a football based community and by creating a thread event for a specific team, the featured thread would be the one that talks about the history of the team.

Maybe is possible to configure the thread(s) we want on the prefix section of each node

Top Bottom