CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I haven't kept up with this of late...could you tell me whether the thread creator gets notified now when one of his/her threads gets featured?

Which version are you running?

The latest version has overflow for the author user name:
upload_2014-2-17_16-21-0.webp

You can also change the width to greater than 100px, should you want the complete user name to display.

I just checked using Chrome and it's displaying correctly:
upload_2014-2-17_16-25-6.webp

Which browser is that you're using?

User name should wrap at space, not in the middle of a name.
Overflow doesn't work like that and I have no control over that aspect of it.

IE9 should work with that CSS.
Unfortunately I don't have access to IE9 so I can't do any testing.

It works in the latest version of IE so all I can suggest is you upgrade/change your browser or edit the Style Properties to cater for older browsers.
Try adding word-wrap: normal; to the Miscellaneous field.

If that works, let me know and I will add it to the next release.

OK, so it looks like I just need to add word-wrap: normal; to the author element.
It's already present on the title, so I probably just overlooked adding it there.
It will be in the next release, but in the meantime you can edit the SP to add it manually.

upload_2014-2-17_17-5-11.webp

Make sure you add it for the individual blocks and the page.

A couple of suggestions from one of my moderators (apologies if these have already been suggested):
  1. Allow a thread to be featured from the Moderation Actions drop-down (image below)
  2. Show the featured expiry date in thread view
Cheers,
Shaun :D

upload_2014-2-18_9-44-38.webp

Can you elaborate on 2?

Where do you anticipate the "Featured until ...." being shown?

He wasn't specific, but what about something simple like this:

upload_2014-2-18_10-3-57.webp

Just add the day / month after the featured tag wording? (excuse the anti-alias fuzz on the text - I couldn't quite match the original screenshot)

Hmm, I'm not a fan of that really.

Anyone else have an opinion?

P.S. That's forum view, not thread view ;) I originally thought you wanted it displayed when viewing the thread.

Having the end date be displayed would be good for us too, but knowing where it should be displayed is not something I´m good at.

Not a fan of the date...

If it was added, I can see me replacing the date with a Font Awesome calendar icon, and when hovering over the calendar the date will show as either a tooltip or a title.

It would need to be in both forum view and thread view if it was going to be added.
It doesn't make sense to have it in one and not the other.

Taking it further, it would also need to be on the block - undoubtedly someone would query why it wasn't.

I'll have a think on it but I can't see yet an elegant way to do it.

Not a fan of the date being shown in this way.

I can see it would be useful to have the end date shown somewhere but I think it is only relevant to moderators - ordinary users don't need it and probably don't care either.

Top Bottom