Create an AI sandbox for customers, trained on the XenForo codebase

RobinHood

Next week Google is releasing Gemini 1.5 Pro PAYG, which can take large inputs - or what they call 'large context understanding' .

Here's an example where they feed it the 3.js example code. That text file code input is just under 1M tokens ($7) to input.

You can then ask it all sorts of questions about the codebase. I think this could be an invaluable tool to both site admins and devs.

Maintaining good quality docs is incredibly time consuming, but if the code base is well commented, and the LLM has full access to the code base, a tool like this could be a million times for valuable for learning about the platform, instead of searching forums and searching docs.

I'm sure there will be other ways to create large context tools, but experimenting with this if it's easy to deploy would certainly be interesting.

You could even try feeding it the transcripts from the building with XF2 series.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also not available in the UK yet...?

Great Job Reaction GIF

lol, I know...
I only came across this video when googling as I'd quite like to experiment with setting up something locally. I thought it was quite timely though as even though the video was released 2 months ago, it seems it will only become accessible next Thursday.

It looks like Stripe have done pretty much this for their codebase, but integrated it into VS Code and Codepilot

Starts at 12min 56sec

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Still labelled coming soon though, so not out yet.

Top Bottom