• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Countdown Timer Cliptheapex.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it. I did it. I DIIIIIIIIID IT!

Well, actually I can't take credit. Mike of Audentio.com fixed it for me.

countdown3.webp

After struggling with the alignment I finally realized the problem I was having wasn't with the addon, it was getting it to work with the skin. Mike at Audentio.com where I bought the "Peachykeen" skin (love it!) was incredibly helpful. Not only does he have some of the best skins, his support is outstanding! If you're looking for beautiful skins and great support check out Audentio.com.

Is there any way to place this in the header for the flexile style in place of the...

"This is a test of the content area. You can use the Style Properties system to put anything you want here. More »"

Is there any way to place this in the header for the flexile style in place of the...

"This is a test of the content area. You can use the Style Properties system to put anything you want here. More »"
Best thing I've found is to go to the skin designer for help on this.

How do you change the phrase (weeks, days, hrs, mins, sec) to other languages
great mod by the way

How do I make the entire countdown box transparent? Do I need to make this a widget to take care of this?

sample.webp

This can be done by (for now, more options to come in a future update will eliminate the need for) doing some template edits.

To remove the white background from the area surrounding the countdown digits you can do the following.

Navigate to the AdminCP and select the style you would like to edit templates for. (I am using default in my example)

• Appearance > Styles > {YOUR desired Style} > Templates
Edit Template:
cta_countdown_main
You should see something like this:
111.webp
and simply remove that entire background-color line for #countdown {}
222.webp
That should net you something like this:
ifthis.webp
------------------------------------------------
Since those colors seem to clash, changing those properties seems quite logical so we can do that easily by editing that same template:

I will use the color that you are already using (#4E4E4E) in this example.

.dash would be the vertical divider between the digits
.dash .digit is the actual numbers in the countdown

you can change the .dash class so the border-left reflects your desired color, and on .dash .digit you can change the color property as well to better suit your site visually. In these cases for you I would use #4E4E4E to match what you have already going on.
5555.webp
becomes
666.webp
doing all of that should yield you this:
final111.webp
hopefully that works for you and please let me know if it doesn't

Hi,

I added "<xen:include template="cta_countdown_sidebar" />" to my sidebar top ad, so it shows ontop :-)
but how do I remove the auto generated one?

Hmm, is it possible to put the Countdown above the Members in the Sidebar? Now the Countdown is at the bottom & nobody seen it.

Hi,

I added "<xen:include template="cta_countdown_sidebar" />" to my sidebar top ad, so it shows ontop :)
but how do I remove the auto generated one?
assuming that is where you want the timer that is fine....all you would need to do is goto:

1. edit template:
cta_countdown_timer

2. find:
<xen:include template="cta_countdown_sidebar" />

3. edit that line to read:
<!-- <xen:include template="cta_countdown_sidebar" /> I am commented out-->

I suggest doing it that way (the commenting rather than erasing) so you can keep track of your changes until they are finalized...I do a lot of this because I can't remember anything and it does help out a lot.

Hmm, is it possible to put the Countdown above the Members in the Sidebar? Now the Countdown is at the bottom & nobody seen it.
You can also do a few edits to achieve that...I tried this and it worked out ok....

Edit Template: sidebar_online_users

Find in template:
<!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->

On the next line add:
Code:

You should see this now:
Code:
<!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->

<!-- block: sidebar_online_users -->

This puts the countdown between the staff and members online.

Now you comment the line out like I mentioned in the above post:
1. edit template:
cta_countdown_timer

2. find:
Code:

3. edit that line to read:
Code:
<!-- <xen:include template="cta_countdown_sidebar" /> I am commented out-->

Minding the obvious difference to my timer this is what it should look like somewhat.
testing.webp
Let me know if it works out ok or not for you.

Hey,

It works very well, thank you for the Support EQnoble. (y)

//Edit

One Question: Consumes this Script many Resources? Because i have only a Shared Webspace.

First I am not a developer or anything close...so if you need a real answer you will have to ask someone who knows the answer.

If I had to guess however....I would say no it doesn't use many resources...it is a very small js/jquery snippet that basically only counts down from current time - to - set time. This makes me believe that this should not effect your resource pool heavily.

Hm, i have noticed a wrong Timezone. The Time is 2 Hours later, even when i set Hours to 0 or -2. Can i change the Timezone Settings anywhere? Thx.

Hm, i have noticed a wrong Timezone. The Time is 2 Hours later, even when i set Hours to 0 or -2. Can i change the Timezone Settings anywhere? Thx.
you can try to change utc to false in the templates ...

edit: cta_countdown_main

find: 'utc': true

change it to false.
Untitled.webp

Is it possible to change the language...weeks, days, so on...
yup, you can put anything....but you must type it manually in a template edit....

edit template: cta_countdown_sidebar

find & edit all of these classes: <span class="dash_title">LABEL-HERE</span> and replace weeks days and the rest into whatever language you need them to be in.
Untitled2.webp

Sorry I am taking so long to respond....just got power back and no internet connection...and am running a tethered iphone/pc to router for a hot spot for my house to use so everything is touch and go here as far as service since everyone is flooding the airwaves right now

Thank you very much my man, your the best!!
Spankx!

Just an update...as a magical turn of events hasn't happened any time recently in my life the following was probably due to come...for some reason I have internet access back...but none of my neighbors do....it doesn't even make any sense based on how this system works...but I am not complaining right now. :-)

SWEET ! Now I can stop worrying about where put my phone so my computer stays online.

Happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom