• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Conversation Manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the same topic but not directly related to this add-on:
Who would be interested in being able to select multiple conversations for deletion (leaving) ?

On the same topic but not directly related to this add-on:
Who would be interested in being able to select multiple conversations for deletion (leaving) ?

I deleted 15k pc's from the database yesterday. My message box is flooding with them after a while and deleting them one by one is annoying as hell. So, I would.

Are you planning on relasing this as a seperate add-on or will this be a part of this add-on? Best news I've heard so far :)

Not sure what the best way is as this one requires two template modifications, one of which is also modified by this add-on.

Since both features enhances the Conversation function, maybe it would be a good thing to add this feature into this add-on and rename it to something like "Conversation Enhancement" or maybe someting more awesome :D

Would you ever 'Sticky' a conversation if you could?

Yes I would. I sometimes pass sensitive information to my moderators, passwords, ftp account information and such. I would love to have the ability to sticky those pc's so I wouldn't need to search for them when I need them.

Yes I would. I sometimes pass sensitive information to my moderators, passwords, ftp account information and such. I would love to have the ability to sticky those pc's so I wouldn't need to search for them when I need them.

Rather than sticky - which would clog up the top part of my Convo list, I would rather have Stars like the gmail addon.
I can tag my emails with different coloured stars by the title, to show me its priority or required action.

You can choose from a list of 10 or so colours. You can also decide yourself what the colours mean.

So I have this system just as an example.
RED ACTION NEEDED NOW/ SOON.
ORANGE Action taken but unfinished/ usually waiting response.
GREEN Completed, but note for useful information.
YELLOW TO do with money.

I really find this a lifesaver.

Unfortunately I cannot search gmail on the colours, only on having any kind of star. If Syndol liked this idea a category search would be brilliant.

From now on this add-on will be known as Conversation Manager (you might have noticed the thread title has changed to reflect this).
I have updated the first post with the new zip file.

This version includes inline management of your conversations.
You are now able to select multiple conversations and then perform one of three actions on them.
These actions are 'Leave' a conversation, 'Mark as Read', and 'Mark as Unread'

To install this version, you will first have to un-install the old one and remove all of its files from your server.
Then follow the install instructions which are found on the first post as well as in the ReadMe file in the zip.

Enjoy,
Syndol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom