• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Conversation Manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Works like a charm, thanks again Syndol.

I made a Turkish translation and attached to this post, for those who are interested.
Eklentiyi kullanmak isteyenler için Türkçe çevirisini yaptım. Eklentideki zip dosyasını indirerek, mevcut Türkçe dil seçeneğinin üzerine yazdırarak kurabilirsiniz. Kolay Gelsin!

Attachments

Works like a charm, thanks again Syndol.

I made a Turkish translation and attached to this post, for those who are interested.
Eklentiyi kullanmak isteyenler için Türkçe çevirisini yaptım. Eklentideki zip dosyasını indirerek, mevcut Türkçe dil seçeneğinin üzerine yazdırarak kurabilirsiniz. Kolay Gelsin!

David, I was asked for a translation yesterday (the person were asking me if I would give him my translation when he had purchased the bookmarks addon). Could you be so kind and add a translation heading to your thread? This way I don't send user back on the message I posted :)

This is great. Should be in the core. There's no reason I should have to click three times (select the conversation, leave the conversation, yes... REALLY leave the conversation) just to delete an old message.

In this view:
conversation_popup-png.22972

The thread starter is the avatar displayed.
Would it be useful to have the avatar displayed be the avatar of the last person whom responded ?

Uses:
(1) Support conversations .... if you don't see your own icon ... then you might want to look at that conversation ... to make sure they haven't asked any new questions.
(2) The inbox above shows a new reply to a conversation. If the avatar changed, then I would know visually who replied. I guess you can read the micro writing. :) [Susan in this case] :)

Would it be useful to have the avatar displayed be the avatar of the last person whom responded ?
To achieve this all you need to do is edit the template conversation_list_popup_item
Change
<xen:avatar user="$conversation" size="s" img="true" class="plainImage" />
To
<xen:avatar user="$conversation.last_message" size="s" img="true" class="plainImage" />

In this view:
conversation_popup-png.22972

Uses:
(1) Support conversations .... if you don't see your own icon ... then you might want to look at that conversation ... to make sure they haven't asked any new questions.
(2) The inbox above shows a new reply to a conversation. If the avatar changed, then I would know visually who replied. I guess you can read the micro writing. :) [Susan in this case] :)
i always disliked how xf conversations list the ops avatar, directly opposite of how it functions for threads. ive never understood the reasoning for this, and if it were changed it would go a long way toward addressing many complaints about the current conversation system.

i always disliked how xf conversations list the ops avatar, directly opposite of how it functions for threads. ive never understood the reasoning for this, and if it were changed it would go a long way toward addressing many complaints about the current conversation system.

I think we'd be interested in using and donating for this for our next site launch if this were included as a simple option to select.

Installed, thank you Syndol. I've deleted most of my conversations with it and I'll recommend to all of peoples to use this product because it is very useful.

from the drop down on the conversation list, please add a "lock conversation" option

I had the mass PM addon installed on VB. those pms imported a PC w/ 500 users. today somebody replied to one of those old mass messages & 500 people started getting alerts & emails. I'm going thru locking them so the option would have been nice today.

"The same as it ever was" (humming to the tune of the song :whistle:)
Whatever 'status' it had yesterday, it still has today. Consider this one the 'lite' free version that does all the basics.
For added features and functionality see the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom