Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
This just worked fine for me. Go to Advanced Search, Select "Search Conversations", enter username

No, it doesn't provide the desired outcome. Of course I attempted it as soon as I started using XF and realized this feature was inexplicably absent. Using the search function only brings up a smattering of the intended UN's Conversations at best, mixed in with anything else that has the name or part of the name in it. For example searching Tony the search results also show every conversation by my members even with each other that have the name Tony in the title or text and that isn't the desired result.

I'm pretty sure, @LuvMeSumZen corect me if I'm wrong, they want to be able to filter their conversations page by username. So when you're looking at your inbox, there'd be a search bar where you can enter a username and it'll only show conversations (in the same type of view) that have that person as a participant.

Exactly.

I'm still lost, because you can specify the user in the conversation search tab and it only shows the conversation messages from that user. I don't know if it gives you a list of all messages that you sent to that user but have you tried this method?

I agree that searching for the general term "Tony" would include content. So don't search for content

I'm still lost, because you can specify the user in the conversation search tab and it only shows the conversation messages from that user.

No. It doesn't. Not on my forum. It may be a conflict with my custom template I don't know but but don't worry about it if you're not having my issues good for you.

You have something going on, definitely. I just tested it and when I "Search Conversations" and enter in a username, I get listings of all the individual messages received by that user, and only that.

I would need a popup, eventually in the middle of the screen, exactly like in the old vBulletin boards, that tells you that you have received new Private Messages.
The popup should NON fade out.
Private messages are very important for users, much more important than other notifications, so I think the popup for private messages should reflect this importance.
Can this addon help me in doing this?
Thanks

The options mentions that when view name is set to modified, users can toggle between text and avatars.

How do they do this? I can't find that anywhere.

Google-ChromeScreenshot003.gif

I have this set to usernames, yet I am only seeing avatars and can't find out how to switch (as a user, not admin)

EDIT: Found it, click on the word participants. This needs to be more obvious!

However there are still two problems

1) when set to Usernames, the default view is be avatars. Although users can toggle if they are clever enough to find out how.

2) Issue with avatars, as they obscure the page numbers in the conversation list.

Google-ChromeScreenshot004.gif

Last edited:
No. @Stuart Wright from avforums.com is taking this add-on (and the rest of my add-ons) over. They run almost all of them on avforums therefore all of them should be able to be considered stable and will be farther developed.

No. @Stuart Wright from avforums.com is taking this add-on (and the rest of my add-ons) over. They run almost all of them on avforums therefore all of them should be able to be considered stable and will be farther developed.

Was there some sort of notice or announcement about this? Or, am I just blind?

Top Bottom