Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Out of curiosity Syndol, what happens with warning PC's sent by mods and admins to accounts that have reached their inbox limit? I would hope they surpass limits and are delivered!!!

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.6

What's new:
  • Added X days limit when fetching conversations for the Mod Away Cron. This prevents very old conversations (such as ones imported from vBulletin) from receiving an outdated/irrelevant response.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/CronEntry/ModAway.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  3. Upload the folder...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 1.0.8

What's new:
  • Option to show conversation participant's Last Read Date with a link to the last message they have read. This date and link can be found underneath each of the participant's user name and title in the participants block of each conversation.
  • Fixed a typo that broke the Mod Away link in the auto response.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/ConvEss/' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. If you are manually editing your...

Attachments

• Options.webp
    Options.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Last_Read.webp
    Last_Read.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 19

Version 1.0.9

What's new:
  • Fixed an error when trying to delete a member after installing or upgrading version 108.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Optional (to display correct version) - Upgrade the addon-ConvEss_109.xml
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: MrC
Problem #1: Last Read Date is 'double' in the 'Conversation Participants' box.
Are you using the TMS add-on or did you do the edits manually?
If you are using TMS, then it seems it is finding the search text twice.
Was your conversation_recipients template previously modified?

Are you using the TMS add-on or did you do the edits manually?
If you are using TMS, then it seems it is finding the search text twice.
Was your conversation_recipients template previously modified?
Yes I'm using TMS but it was confusing so I just copied & pasted each template in manually. No, I've had no modifications to the conversation_recipients template or any other. This is my first time messing with it at all ;-)

Problem #2: There are 3 subject-boxes. So do I just un-install then re-install? Or what exactly should I do to fix these issues?

Attachments

• file_conversationessentialserror2.webp
    file_conversationessentialserror2.webp
    116.1 KB · Views: 7
You will have to choose one way or the other.
Either keep the manual edits and delete the TMS ones, or vise versa.

Since you have TMS, the edits were automatically done for you when you installed the add-on.
To delete the TMS edits, go to 'Template Modifications', scroll down to the 'Conversation Essentials' section, and simply click the X beside each of the templates you manually edited.

If you are not working with the Master style, then I suggest you revert the manual edits, and then 'upgrade' the add-on so that the TMS edits will do their thing again. When that is done, ensure that all the TMS edits show up as Green in colour and say 'Applied 1 time' each.

Version 1.1.0

What's new:
  • Fixed the Inbox percentage bar showing incorrect value when limiting the conversations display to prefix or username
  • Fixed an error when saving a prefix with no title
  • Fixed the inline conversation selection 'check all' box not working on IE
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/Listener/Hook.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Account.php' to your server,...

Reactions: MrC
May I request to have participants of a conversation who are currently ONLINE to be marked somehow?
This is just a small line of code and would be a massive help for users.

As I am the second one to ask for it, maybe we can find a third requester? (if I'm right, you will only consider it if 3 people request it). ;)

I understand this feature request might sound intrusive to some community administrators, but what about a feature to read or moderate personal conversations that admins/moderators are not part of?

I have this addon in mind: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/tlk-readpc.108/ - Although, that addon does not have any easy way to filter or search the messages you want to see, or who's participating in each conversation for that matter.
If this feature were included in your addon package, I would certainly be prepared to cough-up the £25 ($40CAD) for this paid add-on, because I am already truly impressed by this addon based-on just the feedback and preview screenshots.

Frankly, some of these features really should be core, but Syndol, you have spotted a niche in the market and have successfully plugged it - for that, I congratulate you.

Thanks for the consideration.

I understand this feature request might sound intrusive to some community administrators, but what about a feature to read or moderate personal conversations that admins/moderators are not part of?
Thanks for your feedback, however, this is not what this add-on is about so will not be including that.
May I request to have participants of a conversation who are currently ONLINE to be marked somehow?
If you use an add-on that displays who is online then the avatar of each participant will provide that info for you.
This add-on tells you when a participant last read the conversation., Isn't that more relevant?

I've been trying to lock a conversation via the appropriate dropdown, but the lock icon never appears. How can I tell if the conversation has been locked?

**Edit: Hmm, so my admins can only lock conversations that they initiate? Why would that be? Surely, we are not the only admins who receive abusive conversations.

Hmm, so my admins can only lock conversations that they initiate? Why would that be? Surely, we are not the only admins who receive abusive conversations.
That is the default XenForo behaviour.
Even if you locked it as an admin/mod, the conversation starter can unlock it. Default XenForo behaviour is to allow conversation starters to always reply to their own locked conversations.
To do it differently is a feature request as I'll have to change quite a lot of XenForo code.
At the moment I do not see myself adding this as even if you locked a conversation that someone else started, they could simply start a new one which defeats the whole process.

Top Bottom