Congratulations for no more bugs

To be honest, I highly doubt this software is completely free of bugs, as the Bug Tracker might suggest. I think a better way to look at it is that critical or important bugs have been fixed, but minor ones that don't cause any major issues or unwanted behavior are still there.

Unless one is writing an incredible simple program, it's virtually impossible to not have at least one software bug. It's just the nature of the beast.

To be honest, I highly doubt this software is completely free of bugs, as the Bug Tracker might suggest. I think a better way to look at it is that critical or important bugs have been fixed, but minor ones that don't cause any major issues or unwanted behavior are still there.

Unless one is writing an incredible simple program, it's virtually impossible to not have at least one software bug. It's just the nature of the beast.
While I agree, no software is bug free, the bug tracker does suggest that all reported bugs have been squished.

Though...how many bugs were reported in vb4 when they went Gold?

Though...how many bugs were reported in vb4 when they went Gold?
I don't know off-hand. But the amount of bugs generally isn't as important as the severity of the bugs. If vB4 went gold with, say, 50 relatively minor bugs that were fixed with the next patch release, then good for them.

We won't need a 1.1.1 if there aren't any bugs in the system. But good job of taking care of all reported bugs, that is certainly a testament to the good programmers working on this software.

if you see anything that looks like a bug please report to improve the software. Thanks to all who participate in the bug forum without them we wouldn't see xf1.1 gold today (y)

Kudos to Xenforo! It's one of the biggest reasons I moved over, the fact that K&M know the meaning of a quality product.

I read an article a year or two that said in the last 7-8 versions of the NASA Space Shuttle software (that runs the shuttle) there have only been 11 bugs. Its near impossible, but not unheard of.

Top Bottom