CODForums moves to xenForo!

Welcome to XF Carlos.

I'm sorry you've had such a rough ride of it on this thread. I looked at COD and it wouldn't be hard to change the main colours on the the navbars along the top and the category bars down the page . Those two changes would make a big difference to the general look - just temp until you get a theme going.
You should alsi change the background colour of the header so the area on the right under the Login button is not XF blue. A khaki there and down the sides on the main page area would look fine. Not hard to do.
I'll gladly help you with how to do those things. I'm not a coder but XF gives us a lot of control in the admin area.

For small graphics you don't need photoshop. I do mine in Irfanview which is free, easy to use, and does resizing, colour changes, annotating with text etc quite capably.

If you'd like this much help just to cover you till you find a theme pc me.

@Marty: I have had some sour experiences with digital point - some people are jerks over there.

I'll get a good temporary theme for the site soon, but right now my hands are tied. All I can do is make small changes here and there.

@Marty: I have had some sour experiences with digital point - some people are jerks over there.

I'll get a good temporary theme for the site soon, but right now my hands are tied. All I can do is make small changes here and there.

Carlos what I outlined are small changes (in terms of time and skill to deo them) but they would make your site lok imensely better, not the makeshift it is now (sorry).
But iuf you really don't want to make it look good until you get a theme nuff said.

I wish you all the best to your site :)

How to have logo which covers whole upper screen ? just replacing main logo ? or does it needs any CSS ?

Carlos what I outlined are small changes (in terms of time and skill to deo them) but they would make your site lok imensely better, not the makeshift it is now (sorry).
But iuf you really don't want to make it look good until you get a theme nuff said.
Who said I don't want to make it look good?
I don't think he realises every day that passes he will be loosing more and more traffic to more 'accomplished' sites. I get the impression he thinks just being called 'cod forums' is all he needs.
I don't like it when people put words into my mouth.

If that CODForums skin that I had didn't mess up on server move, I would be happy. I tried swallowing up and licking my wounds... You have no idea how bad I felt about it.

I DO realize that every day that passes by, I lose competition. I know that.

Who said I don't want to make it look good?

I don't like it when people put words into my mouth.

If that CODForums skin that I had didn't mess up on server move, I would be happy. I tried swallowing up and licking my wounds... You have no idea how bad I felt about it.

I DO realize that every day that passes by, I lose competition. I know that.

I think what people are saying is rather than dwell on your past bad experiences whether it was down to a specific style or a styler you should start thinking about taking action and getting a custom style up. There are plenty of reputable stylers but whether they have the time to take on a job is another story but it's worth getting quotes if your seriously thinking about taking the next step.

I'll also agree about kim being a good choice. Whether or not she can fit you in again is another matter but it certainly wouldn't hurt to get some dialog going and a little action in getting a custom style or even a modified released style up which would make your site stand out. I hear derivatives are the in thing these days.

Ohkey! I've gone ahead and bought ZeroHour from John's xenStyles shop! :D Hit me hard!

I'm making edits here and there, and whatnot. I am not stopping right now.

Making the white bits more "dull" will make it a bit less harsh on the eyes :-)

Wish I had the time an effort I could do my forums :-/

Noted, and noted.
It has a really nice feel and I really like it expect the navbar, it actually hurts my eyes and that's pretty rare. It just stands out to much compared to everything else and I can't adjust fast enough to the rest of the which is darker compared to the bar.

The Fixed width is a bit much as well.

hgh6

Is what I recommend, seems to work best with the different monitor sizes out there. Right now your site looks really tiny to me :(.

If you require any more feedback do let me know! Other wise I really like your site :).

It has a really nice feel and I really like it expect the navbar, it actually hurts my eyes and that's pretty rare. It just stands out to much compared to everything else and I can't adjust fast enough to the rest of the which is darker compared to the bar.
Direct that to John of xenStyles. He's the current coder of the design, but originally designed by another person.. And I honestly think that the grey bar fits the Call of Duty niche than any other color. The only thing I don't like about it is the grey overlays are poppin' up not just on the nav, it pops up on some options like "edit thread(s)."
Right now your site looks really tiny to me :(.
Can you post a screencap of how it looks when you view a site?
Other wise I really like your site :).
Thanks! :D

The greeting still needs to be changed. Marines don't like being called just "Devil", unless it is by a fellow Marine. I'd suggest Devil Dog, as that is one of our more famous nicknames.

mmmhmm.... alright. :(

Any other ideas than Devil Dog? I was going to leave it on "Hoohah Soldier" when it was on vB3, and moved into vB4, but I asked a cousin of mine who happens to be a Marine. I don't just want to reach a typical Call of Duty player, I want to reach our military, as well.

Top Bottom