Claims to fame?

We've had a few interesting ones...

An attempted buy-out by TMZ, a comment from moot (4chan) about being the most idiotic forum he's ever seen (if that's not a compliment...), a mention from Jeff Foxworthy during standup who just said it randomly during a routine), and our affiliated radio station got our first celebrity interviews from Clifford Brown III (a jazz performer, music producer and radio personality) and Pit Boss (Animal Planet) star Ashley Brooks.

It's a start.

lol

Yeah, Microsoft has banned people for having my url in their profiles and has even made it an illegal word if you try putting it in your motto. My site has also been mentioned on CNET 2x I think. Major Nelson (those that game on 360 should know him) has mentioned my site in his podcast...even though he was bashing it, he mentioned us lol

Other than that, I don't think I've been mentioned on TV so that's pretty BA! Congrats :)
I know your site :-) ...I think :D...and if you are who I think you are , you are the reason I bought a license for the other software in the first place and now we are here...If you are not this person, we are still here anyways :-) and congrats to you 7 times :-).
I've just found out that we were also mentioned in F1 Racing this month.

Two Formula One magazines in the same month! Nice :D
That is great news for all of us ...congrats to that as well.

We've had a few interesting ones...

An attempted buy-out by TMZ, a comment from moot (4chan) about being the most idiotic forum he's ever seen (if that's not a compliment...), a mention from Jeff Foxworthy during standup who just said it randomly during a routine), and our affiliated radio station got our first celebrity interviews from Clifford Brown III (a jazz performer, music producer and radio personality) and Pit Boss (Animal Planet) star Ashley Brooks.

It's a start.

lol
was that WTF.com or AlienSoup?

my community vote each year for the best ISP in the country and the last one winner started a whole advertisement campagne in the biggest medias of the country where it clearly says: voted best ISP by xxx community

Google Inc. send me a gift about 11 years ago.

the gift contained: 1 Google Mousepad, 3 Google-stickers and 1 Google T-Shirt.

Sergey and Larry are really generous billionaires :rolleyes:

A few times on Dutch tv and in two magazines, one of them called FLEX magazine. And lots of times on larger websites, which helps a lot for new traffic. But like someone said: it's much more rewarding to hear from someone that your site has made a positive difference in their life. For me that's equally important as making a living from it. And it's why I won't sell the site any time soon.

Also got retweeted (I cleverly included a link because I thought he might ;)) last night by Marc Broussard, another artist (with 10k followers...share the love! :P) who we're playing on the station. #famous :P

Well, as the largest MG and Rover enthusiast forum in the world! (yeah, I'm not that big headed, is a bit of a niche), we've been picked up by newspapers (either credited or otherwise), Motoring magazines & pretty sure we were mentioned in a BBC article as well, but it was a while ago. Done a few radio interviews as well when MG Rover group collapsed in 2005. One of the main script writers for TopGear is also a member.

But, as the chap who ran the Ford forum on page one alluded to, its nice when the manufacturers notice you, thankfully due to the size of the site now, the new owners of MG are quite friendly with us - which helps. In the early days of the site (10 years this year as it happens) MG Rover weren't so nice to us, still, won them over in the end though!

But I know pretty much that back in the day (and probably still to be honest, although not the same degree), the motoring press were on the site quite a bit looking for stories or information, on one occasion picking up one line from a disgruntled MGR customer and basing a whole article around who us enthusiasts were all disgruntled, which was far from the case. At least they mentioned the url ;)

Lazy journalism that sadly is still prevalent in the British media.

Nice domain name btw, you must have got that pretty early!

A site I have worked at for a very long time now, and is owned by a good friend of mine, is dedicated to the band Linkin Park, one of the largest rock bands in the world. There has been various occasions in concerts, and on television, and interviews, etc., that this site has been mentioned. The bands have spoken about the site on many occasions. It is quite an honor.

Me, personally, I run a site like the one stated above directed towards another band. Through it, I actually got to meet the lead singer of the band (my favorite band) and talk to him about a bunch of different things. Pretty awesome, very rewarding. :)

The CEO of Sony Online Entertainment used to regularly post on our "Everquest" forum. Played that game from 1999-2011 (lol)

Everytime I see an "EQnoble" post I think "EverQuest Noble."

I feel a great connection with this Xenforo poster, even though he doesn't know it yet.

Top Bottom