Resource icon

Chat Style /me Command 2.0

No permission to download

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Thank you so much for donating. It is always appreciated!

This release is a long overdue rewrite of my first ever add-on here. The original had an extremely large number of bugs which pretty much ruined the usefulness of the add-on.

It also contained unnecessary features (such as a separate trout slap command).

This version basically does what it is supposed to.

That is, if I were to type in a post the following:

/me likes developing for XenForo

My add-on would transform it to:

* Chris Deeming likes developing for

In the previous version of this add-on and other similar add-ons released for other boards, you would experience the wrong names being inserted into quotes. This has all been fixed.

Check it out in this thread: http://www.valvetime.net/threads/me-slaps-you-around-a-bit-with-a-large-trout.243084

HOW TO INSTALL
The easiest way to install this add-on is if you use the Add-On Installer.

Alternatively:
  1. Download the zip file.
  2. Extract its contents to your hard drive.
  3. Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  4. Complete install via the Admin CP using the provided XML file.

Works in threads. Doesn't work in Showcase, Better Blogs, XenMedio and XFR User Albums.

Would like to see a few other the other IRC commands (please).

I'm an old school IRC user (and so are a few of our users).

I liked the /slap command and a few others

Just not sure how useful that would actually be.

After /slap there isn't really many others that are of use in a forum environment.

There's "/msg James" which would initiate a private chat with a user, but that just doesn't work in a forum :)

I've just refreshed my memory and there's no other IRC commands that would be useful. Forgetting IRC, is there any other commands that would be useful?

Just not sure how useful that would actually be.

After /slap there isn't really many others that are of use in a forum environment.

There's "/msg James" which would initiate a private chat with a user, but that just doesn't work in a forum :)

I've just refreshed my memory and there's no other IRC commands that would be useful. Forgetting IRC, is there any other commands that would be useful?
Maybe you can get around to making a complete console for navigating the forums... nerds love terminal

/join #forumid/name
/post "text"

I can't think of any for use in a forum environment really... /alert maybe, but that could be a nuisance.

/alert would be the only useful one I can think of, but then there's TagMe for that.

A full forum console... Hmm... I'll put that on (the bottom of) my things to do ;)

Got this error when clicking on an old thread.

Fatal error: Method Dark_ParseHTML_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /home/user/public_html/library/MeCommand/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php on line 21

Hmm. Ok.

The error references parsehtml add on. Do you get the same error if its disabled? Or a different error?

And is there anything special about the thread? Contains a banned or deleted guest member? Anything else odd?

Thank you dude.

So, are you actually working back at your own site? I thought you'd left :p

I don't really work on the site anymore. Peeps on my site loved the me style command back when we were on vBulletin 4. This is a really great resource that can't be ignored. Uh the thread that I got this error in is not exactly safe for work but it has both parsehtml bb-code and premium bb code in the first post. The me command was not being used at all in that thread so I don't know why that error came up. I was unable to click on that thread until I disabled the me command addon.

So I disabled ParseHTML and turned me command back on as well. I was unable to view that thread and got this error code instead:

Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /home/user/public_html/library/MeCommand/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php on line 21

Turned it back off again and parsehtml back on.

lol

I just realized that I have twitter BB Code in the first post as well. i wonder if that is causing an error too.

Just for testing purposes, can you disable any additional BB Code in there, but turn /me command back on?

Top Bottom