Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I think its related to chat, i got 3 strange errors that repeated a couple times in the server error log on xenforo ACP

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 6.32.20 pm.webp

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: language_id - library/XenForo/Visitor.php:517
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 5:18 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(517): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/HIDDEN/p...', 517, Array)
#1 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(471): XenForo_Visitor->setVisitorLanguage(0)
#2 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Session.php(274): XenForo_Visitor::setup(0, Array)
#3 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(293): XenForo_Session::startPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#4 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(306): XenForo_Controller->_setupSession('Errornotfound')
#5 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(350): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Errornotfound', 'XenForo_Control...')
#6 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "https://portalcentric.net/forums/index.php?chat/refresh"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/refresh"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(14) {
    ["room_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["user_rooms"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(5) "10194"
    }
    ["last_id"] => string(5) "10194"
    ["activity_last_update"] => string(10) "1496776625"
    ["users_last_update"] => string(10) "1496776652"
    ["inverse"] => string(1) "0"
    ["hide_bot"] => string(1) "0"
    ["no_users"] => string(1) "0"
    ["show_ignored"] => string(1) "0"
    ["all_pages"] => string(1) "0"
    ["loading"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/forums/threads/free-idps.10753/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
Delete...Close

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: properties - library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php:303
Stack Trace
#0 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(303): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/HIDDEN/p...', 303, Array)
#1 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(582): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->preRenderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error))
#2 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#3 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(14) {
      [0] => string(5) "10194"
    }
  }
}

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
TypeError: Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Application::mapMerge() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php on line 304 - library/XenForo/Application.php:1174
Stack Trace
#0 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(304): XenForo_Application::mapMerge(Array, false)
#1 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(582): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->preRenderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error))
#2 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#3 /home/HIDDEN/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(14) {
      [0] => string(5) "10194"
    }
  }
}

@Siropu Perfect time to port to IPS 4.2 beta is completely amazing , only thing missing is Chat as they dropped Chat development , i have used all chat softwares when i say all i mean all , i have hundreds of $$ in software i don't use because they are not as good as yours.

You stand to make a substantial amount of money just porting your chat as it stands right now , it would fit perfectly into IPS.

Please Consider

I'm trying to remove Taiga Chat pro from my forums in favor of this.

A couple questions:

Thanks!

Last edited:
since it is 100% XF native.

Exactly why I love it so much! It's so unique to other chat/shoutboxes and you don't see anything like it on any other platform, helping to keep your site unique when competing against other same niche sites using other platforms.

@SeToY, you can reverse the order and change the editor on top. It doesn't come with support for any add-on.
Thank you. I've bought it and installed int on our testboard. When visiting my production board (with Taiga Chat) on my mobile phone (android), AutoCorrect works in the shoutbox. On your chat it doesn't display suggestions. Why could that be?

It's because autocomplete is disabled. I will change that for mobile devices in the next release.
If you want, you can remove autocomplete="off" in siropu_chat_editor template.

Hi @Siropu, with new thread/reply chat bot messages the links seem to be generated based on the URL path of the poster (at least for 1.24.5 anyway). Can this be altered for 1.25.1? (assuming it hasn't been in 1.25.0).

What I mean by this is let's say User1 accesses chat from www.xenforo.com and User2 posted a new thread from http://xenforo.com (no www). In this instance the chatbot message will link User1 to the topic without the www in the URL which depending on server/cookie configuration may display the thread in a logged out state to User1.

With many of XenForo's standard links (e.g. threads, user profiles, help pages, etc) these include the www subdomain if the user has arrived at the page with www in the URL.

Thank you. :)

PS: Speaking of chatbot new thread/reply messages ... any chance for official addon chatbot message support (specifically XFMG new media) in Chat 2.x for XF2 - ? :);)

EDIT: One other teensy little request. With the new Leave Room button in the chat editor (nice!), and the style setting "Enable Font Awesome Icons" is checked, this button is unaffected. Perhaps fa-sign-out could be used here? :)

Last edited:
@marquisite, the link is generated using the XF's built in link function and that seems to be the behavior. My suggestion is to force www or non www instead of using both because you will end up with duplicate content which is a SEO problem.
I will add support for official add-ons in 2.0

Hello. (:

Why do guests see the new post/thread bot in general chat and not in the forum activity tab?
Screenshot.webp

This is what regular members see.
Screenshot (1).webp

I want guests to see the forum activity tab. Thank you.

You can use this:
HTML:
<iframe src="http://www.your-domain.com/chat/fullpage" width="600" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Hi, thank you, yes that';s what I ended up doing. I just couldn't figure out the sidebar with Widget Framework. The tutorial I found is using different terms to identify certain components. So for now the chat room is underneath the stream screen. Wouldn't mind finding an updated step by step tutorial.

Back
Top Bottom