Changing the admin URL?

If it's a 1.x code base legacy... then yes, locations can have changed...
as to admin.php... yes, there IS clearly an admin.php located in the root directory.

View attachment 279133

There is also a Legacy Link.php file in /_legacy/library/XenForo/

View attachment 279135

Once more... sometimes one has to do some investigation/research on their own. Not everything can be handed to one on a platter all the time.
there is a admin.php in public html . if i change name to example.php its not working . i need again serch admin.php to open acp

yes may be you right . but i dont want unwanted users open my admin.php . its will be private
Then protect access to it via .htaccess ability... Pretty sure @Brogan has a guide out for that, and even though it may be from the 1.x days.. it STILL applies.

In fact, you can go so far as to restrict access to admin.php to specific IP addresses.... Of course, this assumes one is familiar with actually administering a site via cPanel or via CMD line.

I lost 12 sites before I started using xenforo. And I decided to use xenforo. This precaution you ask is used for systems with mysql vulnerabilities. Fixed by experience Since 1995, my web master lost 12 sites. There is no system that I do not use. Xenforo is the best system ever to come. If you see a hacked xenforo it is a null xenforo or warez uses an addon or has distributed the admin password to everyone.

I lost 12 sites before I started using xenforo. And I decided to use xenforo. This precaution you ask is used for systems with mysql vulnerabilities. Fixed by experience Since 1995, my web master lost 12 sites. There is no system that I do not use. Xenforo is the best system ever to come. If you see a hacked xenforo it is a null xenforo or warez uses an addon or has distributed the admin password to everyone.
no one is impossible

no one is impossible
Historically the only reported hacked XF installations that I have seen have been those that chose to use pirated versions (and basically for those... to bad, so sad, sucks to be you), or were running add-ons that presented security holes. The latter is why I ONLY use add-ons from well known (and respected) developers.

The base code of XF itself has been VERY stable and secure over the last decade... and I have plenty of logs showing where the script kiddies and such tried to get in.
Granted, NOBODY can make a hack-proof software... but you can make one that is VERY difficult to do such with.

Top Bottom