Can't reply in some threads.

ashkir

So sometimes some threads have issues that nobody can reply to. Nothing that uses jquery works. At all. the alerts don't drop down. The loading thing shows up and disappears nothing happens. The skin switcher button won't work.

This has been happening more and more over the past few weeks. And it is becoming annoying. It's only happening in Chrome and Firefox latest version and we're getting hundreds of reports of this and there was no software upgrade for XenForo or any mods installed in the past month.

Has anyone had this issue? How the heck do you fix this?

@Jake Bunce & @ashkir, did you guys figure it out yet?
I'm apparently having some simliar issues and haven't found a solution yet.

For not being able to reply, my solution with specifying an external js path in config.php in post #32 works very well (if done correctly and specified with your existing /js directory URL). We had no such issues since then.

Also broken avatars with specifying the external data URL and path in config.php.

For the other problems with relative URLs in XenForo, see:
Change to absolute URLs?

For not being able to reply, my solution with specifying an external js path in config.php in post #32 works very well (if done correctly and specified with your existing /js directory URL). We had no such issues since then.

Also broken avatars with specifying the external data URL and path in config.php.

For the other problems with relative URLs in XenForo, see:
Change to absolute URLs?
Thanks, but it looks like it didn't help in my case, seems like my issue is more of a memory issue with large threads.

Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in /public/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304

I'm still not sure why it's happening as the website has around 2 GB of RAM to use.

Semi-related -

Replying to threads via quickreply will also break if your server can't reach the email server and anyone has notifications enabled for replies to that thread. The post actually goes through (if you hit F5 and refresh) but the page will never update properly via AJAX. Check your xenforo logs for timeouts, as well as your system logs for blocked outbound traffic.

Top Bottom