XF 2.2 Can I separate a Category and put it on a public navigation (as a link) and make it appeare differently (and restricted)?

NandorHUN

Hi Guys!

Can I separate a Category and put it on a public navigation (as a link) and make it appeare differently (and restricted)?

Wow.
That's really close to what I want to have!

I have two questions about this:

1) Can you hide it from the main site and only let the navigation link at the top. So when someone click on it it will appeare as a "clean" new page - category with it's forums?

2) If a member is part of this forum will it appeare at the bottom as an "unlocked forum" or can you manage it on a different page?

Basically I dont want the upgrade members" to get this category mixed in with the other categories. I want to give them a new page clean with the forums and threds.

I hope you understand what I mean.

The way I set it up at https://localsearchforum.com/ users who haven't purchased upgrade see only the category and one forum explaining how to upgrade.

Upgraded users see the list of private forums in the category (hidden from regular users).

But if you add target="_blank" to the URL in the navbar, that will open the category asd a new page or tab, or open it in a new page or tab, unless you've configured your browser to do something differently.

Thanks!

That's really good to know. My other issue is that, if I click on "display category in the menu" when I add a new node or forum - so it will be hidden.
In that case even if I add a new navigation link I wont be able to open it up.

So I click on the link but nothing happens.... guess it because I hid the category.
If I set it to get displayed, then if I click on the navigation link at the top it will simply scroll to it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom