XF 1.5 Can I move Xenforo installation in a new folder without issues and do I need to?

PAPPACLART

I have created a sub domain - forum.motorcyclenews.bike and installed all xenforo files in that folder.

For a sub domain installation do I have to have the forum files in the public_html in the root ?

If the above answer is yes can I just drop the files in Public_html without issues as I imagine no URL's would need changing. The WordPress site is actually on a different domain and will be moved to motorcyclenews.bike in due course.

Failing the above is it ok to just leave it where it is?

Thanks in Advance

1513738803228.webp

Last edited:
What you can do is back everything up first so you have a safe restore point copy the files from the subdomain and place them into the public_html if you want it on the root domain and then login to your ACP and update the domain

If you've already installed XF and you want to move it, simply move all the files then open up the admin control panel in the new location and update the Board URL setting in Setup > Options > Basic board information > Board URL to point to the new location.

Top Bottom