California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad this drek is in the past and now the XenForo family can move on with their future. It just goes to show that having billions of dollars backing a lawsuit doesn't mean you will always win when you are just wrong, wrong wrong. This truly was a David vs. Goliath battle and it's a big win for the "little guy" out there.

Here's to a bright future!

It's been interesting looking at the outcome, the evidence (and supposed "evidence"), both sides behaviour and claims, the manner in which the judge instructed the end game to be played, how it transpired, etc.

After extrapolating (a little) and observing what appears to be IB's tactics against situations, teams & products they can't compete with toe to toe in the market, where the customers decide, I'm am left thinking of a quote from a Knights Tale.

I'm picturing a few of the key IB people lying on their backs in a jousting arena, dazed, with three people I know rather well standing over them smiling, saying "You've been weighed, measured, and found wanting ......".

I'm now going to listen to this on repeat for a while :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

... I'm am left thinking of a quote from a Knights Tale.

I'm picturing a few of the key IB people lying on their backs in a jousting arena, dazed, with three people I know rather well standing over them smiling, saying "You've been weighed, measured, and found wanting ......".
One of my favourite Heath films!

I knew it... :cautious:

There's a difference between big butts and your city getting 2 new zipcodes.

On a side note now that I know the outcome and it looks positive I'll be renewing my account in the next few weeks. Glad to see it all turned out good. Because with crap like this you really just never know which way it's gonna go regardless of what kind of evidence is shown.

Planning to jump the ship over to XenForo? Maybe a XenForo germany community? YES?

There is no ship to jump. The vB captain made me walk the plank some time ago and I've been swimming around since then. Although I'd love to work with Kier, Mike and Ashley again, we have the intentions to start something on our own. But thanks for asking.:)

And on the note of starting on something on our own, I am all for Kier, Mike and Ashley working on Xeforo again, because it means a really good and hopefully friendly competition and that means the customers get better products and/ or more choices in the end. I believe Kier, Mike and Ashley understand as I do, that customer focus and making them as happy as possible is the key to success and having good competition helps you keep that perspective very sharp and aligned. I'd even go so far to say, with my experience over the years with vBulletin, only Mike, Kier and Ashley would even be on a level of competition I'd be willing to even "fight" at. ;):)

At any rate, I raise my glass to MKA and wish them the best for their future. I hope we can stay friends too!

Scott

Just one question I have open in my mind, what is with the law suite started in England? Has it been pulled back or settled too?

Scott

Just one question I have open in my mind, what is with the law suite started in England? Has it been pulled back or settled too?

Scott

It's done...

http://www.gracelaw.com/NewsXF.html :
"After more than two years of litigation before a Los Angeles federal court and the English High Court of Justice in London, England, the parties have reached a confidential settlement agreement dismissing all of vBulletin Solutions, Inc.’s and Jelsoft Enterprises Limited’s claims."

Ooohh. Thanks for pointing that out.

Some strong words spoken in there...

"settlement agreement dismissing all of vBulletin Solutions, Inc.’s and Jelsoft Enterprises Limited’s claims" -- in other words, there was nothing to go on from the beginning, which we all knew any way, right? IB has simply stolen a lot of peoples time and lost a lot of their own money. Well, I hope they lost a lot of money and the guys here aren't footing any bills for this crap. Hopefully this might just teach Bob a lesson....Well. Then again.....probably not. IB just doesn't learn from their mistakes very well at all.

"litigations failed because of XenForo’s loyal customers" -- Nice! They (the customers) also deserve a failed law suit too for sure.

"without further threats or false allegations" -- one could read out of that IB admitted their allegations were false as part of the settlement. Well, who cares? Main thing is.....

.....justice did prevail.:) (it is just a shame it took two years.....)

Scott

I'm still interested in xF and will continue to follow it, but won't be switching until if/when the damage done to the community by the inaction of the xF team is acknowledged by them. There was no gag order on vB (they freely talked about things in general terms), so there really couldn't of been one on xF that warranted the abandonment of the forums by the devs. Of course, we couldn't of gotten details, but seriously... that was a mishandled bunch of BS, sorry guys. I like ya and all, but... yeah, terrible way to "handle" things.

I do wish you the best of luck and hope you can clean up the mess generated by both sides.

I'm still interested in xF and will continue to follow it, but won't be switching until if/when the damage done to the community by the inaction of the xF team is acknowledged by them. There was no gag order on vB (they freely talked about things in general terms), so there really couldn't of been one on xF that warranted the abandonment of the forums by the devs. Of course, we couldn't of gotten details, but seriously... that was a mishandled bunch of BS, sorry guys. I like ya and all, but... yeah, terrible way to "handle" things.

I do wish you the best of luck and hope you can clean up the mess generated by both sides.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Maybe you never switch from vB as a result. But, then, you are stuck with using vB. I suspect that the loss would be yours.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Maybe you never switch from vB as a result. But, then, you are stuck with using vB. I suspect that the loss would be yours.

It's really not an opinion, it was handled poorly and I can't see how anyone could say anything different. I like xF, bought it the day it went on sale and even renewed my license when I'm not using the product in support of them. Even a statement of something like "Hey everyone, we know we could of handled things better and will try to do so in the future." would go a long way.

It's really not an opinion, it was handled poorly and I can't see how anyone could say anything different. I like xF, bought it the day it went on sale and even renewed my license when I'm not using the product in support of them. Even a statement of something like "Hey everyone, we know we could of handled things better and will try to do so in the future." would go a long way.

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Stating that your opinion is fact does not make it so. I don't see it the way you do. But, glad that you supported them by renewing.

Maybe KAM does make such a statement. If not, then I guess you are left to stand by your position and not switch. I still think being stuck with using vB is the greater loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom