California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still managing to run a hell of a lot faster than the vBulletin.com forums and they are practically empty! :LOL:
It's quite ridiculous how popular we are tonight - I'm getting an Alert a minute! I went over to VB.com and... well, there are rules about expressing that opinion ;) I'd love to know the specs of the box XenForo.com runs on, because it's holding up -really- well to all the load tonight!

I haven't noticed ANY slowdown as of yet.

In fact, I visit here even when it's not necessary because while browsing a competitors site I keep feeling like my computer is overheating and about to explode. Clicking this bookmark makes me feel instantly better. :)

Want to chip in.
Firstly to those people still asking whether IB has any hold whatsoever over KAM or XF, stop being ****ing stupid. Damn conspiracy theorists need to belt up.
It's over and let's look to the future. A future without Internet Brands, vBSI and vBulletin (y)

To the legal eagles who have chipped in with useful guidance, many thanks from me.
To the mods, Jake and Slavik in particular, also thanks for keeping the ship on course. Can't have been easy.

To Kier, Mike and Ashley, commiserations on losing a large chunk of money and time and having to endure the stress of having this cloud hang over your heads for so long with all the consequences of that.
Congratulations, though on being rid of the lawsuit.
I am elated at the news. The best forum software continues forward.
But there's negative feeling also. I feel so angry at Internet Brands and I genuinely hope vBulletin fails epically. It certainly looks like it's going that way without any help from Xenforo.
But still I think a good way to help vB into its grave is by supporting KAM in their efforts to build a market leading product.
I bet my feelings are just a fraction of those felt by KAM, though. I bet they are chomping at the bit to drive vB six feet under.
I'm going to switch to XF ASAP (I had already made my mind up some time ago) and I never stopped recommending XF to everyone asking for a forum software recommendation.
So congratulations, guys.
And to Internet Brands and Bob Brisco - IN YOUR ****ING FACE, LOSERS.

Your post should be removed as you shouldn't insult fellow forum members, yet I doubt it will be. It is a shame that one can't have a legitimate question here without being labeled in a negative manner. This bebavior is exactly why people leave the vb forums. Moreover, neither you nor I have any clue about the settlement except that it is over and thank goodness it is. As I business owner, that isn't good enough for me. I just need to know that XF is TOTALLY free of IB influence of any kind. There is NOTHING conspiratorial about this question. It is a simple yes or no as ifI get into forums again, I do not want one cent of my money going to IB indirectly. And finally, IB owns several brands that remain independent of one other in terms of marketing-consider this before you start harrassing people online.

I took a look and couldn't find one - their latest announcement on the forums is about some hardware failure.
They have a strict gag over there - you'll get your post deleted if you mention the lawsuit.

They did used to just hand out infractions but someone forgot to add that to vB5 so they cant issue them :P

Gabby the legal team's own posting provided insight into many of the questions. I think that the frustration from others results in just wanting to be jubilant after such a long drawn out process and others wanting to dig into the flip side.

They have a strict gag over there - you'll get your post deleted if you mention the lawsuit.

They did used to just hand out infractions but someone forgot to add that to vB5 so they cant issue them :p

Really because I see a few of them there now that claim a win. LOL

Your post should be removed as you shouldn't insult fellow forum members, yet I doubt it will be. It is a shame that one can't have a legitimate question here without being labeled in a negative manner. This bebavior is exactly why people leave the vb forums. Moreover, neither you nor I have any clue about the settlement except that it is over and thank goodness it is. As I business owner, that isn't good enough for me. I just need to know that XF is TOTALLY free of IB influence of any kind. There is NOTHING conspiratorial about this question. It is a simple yes or no as ifI get into forums again, I do not want one cent of my money going to IB indirectly. And finally, IB owns several brands that remain independent of one other in terms of marketing-consider this before you start harrassing people online.
Those theorists that paint a bad picture of the lawsuit are the ones he's targeting. Even though there's good news, they all come out of the woodwork to annoy people, and bring negativity into the good news that abounds. This is what he's trying to address.

And if you were a vB customer, that got a refund, and moved over to xenForo, you are more or less being paid indirectly. And XF is being paid indirectly... by IB.

To me, it's a big "#@^& you" by IB, but in fact, they're doing it out of a motive.

And FYI, nobody's harrassing anyone...

I can see things getting a whole lot busier here when the licenses go on sale in a few days time ... (y)

That would be wonderful! I see a scene of Christmas vacation when Sparky has so many lights that the city has to turn on more nuke power. LOL I hope Paypal has to do the same for XF>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom