California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes you wonder if there's a location advantage that Internet Brands is counting on. :cautious:

I've been thinking about that for quite a bit.. I dunno.

The judge allowed this case the drag on this long, and allowed Internet Brands to get away with it. I have a feeling he's favoring them.

The motion was denied. At this point, the January trial date stands.
While disappointed to hear it, not surprised either.

Judge most likely wants this to go to trail as to "put this to bed" ... ie... Actually have a solid stance (outcome) on the case. Most judges that I know of (and I know a few) much prefer not to have any lose ends and like to not give more opportunities to have their rulings appealed later down the line.

So it actually does make sense that this will be going to trail on January 2013.

Still banking on XenForo pulling through this though. Best of luck :)

If the January date is still solid, what does that mean for the other people IB has pulled into the case not having time to prepare properly?

The motion was denied. At this point, the January trial date stands.

Having been studying all the stuff last 2 days I think this is protective. It prevents VBSI having any grounde for appeal.
So it would have been sweet to have it DONE now but it could easily have led to actually a longer drag later.e.

Hugs everyone.
Ddraig Goch gwynfydedig!
ddraig2.webp

If the January date is still solid, what does that mean for the other people IB has pulled into the case not having time to prepare properly?

That is exactly the right question. :thumbsup:

I would expect some kind of affirmation of the trial date soon. The judge previously indicated that he doesn't want any more delays, but this backlog in the case will need to be addressed somehow. I await the official ruling from today which hasn't been posted yet.

Having been studying all the stuff last 2 days I think this is protective. It prevents VBSI having any grounde for appeal.
So it would have been sweet to have it DONE now but it could easily have led to actually a longer drag later.e.

you have more studying to do.... the appeal will come out of the trial. There will be issues from there that are appealable. If the judge had granted the MTD today, IB would have just appealed sooner. Anyone who thinks this case will be over in Jan I think will be sorely dissappointed. My bet, the only way it ends in Jan is if KAM loses and decides not to appeal.

That is exactly the right question. (y)

I would expect some kind of affirmation of the trial date soon. The judge previously indicated that he doesn't want any more delays, but this backlog in the case will need to be addressed somehow. I await the official ruling from today which hasn't been posted yet.
It doesn't sound like it. If I was the judge, I would have rejected the first "delay." I would have thrown the case out on the second delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom