Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Just as a quick follow on for this discussion, I purchased this tonight and have to say, I'm actually really happy with it. It looks great and does exactly what I need. Admittedly I haven't done anything extensive with it yet, but for the time being it should be fine.

I'm not sure if @NixFifty is still following this thread, but if he is, thank you. This is a great addon.

I would however like to see the image feature changed. I'm not sure it makes a great deal of sense the way its currently setup. Unless of course you intend on adding "banner style" images to your events, which seems a bit odd to me?

For example, when adding a photo of the instructor I end up with this.

1671893638564.webp

Ideally, Id love to see something like this.

1671893673267.webp

It would be fantastic to have the option to add the name of the host too. At present it seems you can only add the organizers name. Unless I've missed something?

Either way, great addon!

@NixFifty So can this addon be finally buried so maybe someone can step up and come up with an alternative?

16 months since last update, plenty of bugs now. Would be good to at least shut this down gracefully?

Our RSVP has been working flawlessly

Well good for you I guess? Hasn't worked for me for a while, no acknowledgement of bugs from author and the addon has no received an update for close to 18 months. It smells like abandonware.

Shame because no other Addon does this and its pretty critical functionality.

Well good for you I guess? Hasn't worked for me for a while, no acknowledgement of bugs from author and the addon has no received an update for close to 18 months. It smells like abandonware.

What I am trying to say, is you most likely have a mod conflict with another add on. Because RSVP and basic calendar functionality has been working for the last several versions.

Like @Wing said, have you tried disabling mods to see if there is a conflict? I just checked and I do not have an issue with RSVP functionality.

I think it’s a potential packaging issue. I’m away at the moment so I’ll have to look at it when I get back.

Is it possible to add the function of syncing contacts and calendars with the server?

Synchronize their server calendars and contacts with their XenForo accounts.

The add-on will leverage the CalDAV and CardDAV protocols to interact with server.

Functional Requirements:

1. User Authentication: The add-on must provide a user interface for XenForo users to enter their server URL, username, and password.
  2. Calendar Synchronization: The add-on must be able to fetch and display a user's calendar events on their XenForo account. Users should be able to add, edit, and delete calendar events.
  3. Contact Synchronization: The add-on must be able to fetch and display a user's contacts on their XenForo account. Users should be able to add, edit, and delete contacts.
  4. Two-Way Synchronization: Any changes made to the calendar events or contacts on the XenForo account should be reflected in the server, and vice versa.
Technical Requirements:

1. The add-on must be developed using PHP and should be compatible with XenForo 2.2.13.
  2. The add-on should adhere to the principles and guidelines of XenForo add-on development.
  3. The add-on must use the CalDAV and CardDAV protocols to interact with the server.

Issues reported since the last update are still there. There hasn't been an update in over a year, and even then - they were small additions/fixes.

For the most up to date information, it's best to check the development site for it (prefixes can be used to search for this addon)

I'm still waiting on next release to get going with all of these fixes rolled in.
*2 years.

@NixFifty any new development or response for this addon? Looks like on your nixfifty.com it has been comms silent as well.

We have a couple more questions, if its possible to pay for added functionality of showing date/time of when a user RSVPs. As well as a way to close RSVP after a certain time limit prior to event start. Thanks!

@NixFifty any new development or response for this addon? Looks like on your nixfifty.com it has been comms silent as well.

We have a couple more questions, if its possible to pay for added functionality of showing date/time of when a user RSVPs. As well as a way to close RSVP after a certain time limit prior to event start. Thanks!
With 2.3 development drawing to a close, I'll be able to give this and my other add-ons some more attention.

If you'd like custom work, you can open a ticket here.

With Calendar being one of the top tier addons by @NixFifty, in terms of price point alone - is the addon that has received the least updates in comparison to the others. The only one that's worse off in terms of updates is 'Classifieds' although I'm unaware of the outstanding bugs or fixes for this addon.

With updates, bug fixes and further development promised for a long time - if the next future update acknowledges those issues, I think it would be reasonable to extend people's licence for calendar on a one-time honorary basis. It's been so so very long. I hope this can be considered.

A styling question: for times at the top of the hour, can I drop the zeroes? And delete the space? As in "1pm" rather than "1:00 PM". This is how Google Calendar does it, and I'm feeling a need for less emphasis on the time, and more room for the event name. :-) Can I edit this somewhere in one of the templates?

Thanks!

Top Bottom