Bye

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Azhria, Azhria, Azrhia... How many times do you have to be told, lass? Everything is OK. There is no problem. Don't worry. Just keep saying those three sentences to yourself. Here, can I get you a cup of Kool-Aid, to help you relax? :sneaky:

lol, Jake you are about the most optimistic person ive ever known in the V World.

No. I am just stating facts. Three points:

1) He just needs to let off some steam.

I base this on the fact that he cited my moderation as the reason for his leaving. I deleted one post and sent him a PM with a reasonable explanation. He left immediately afterwards. No response, no appeal, no understanding. He obviously didn't want to talk about it. And he has an entire community here who admires and respects him for all that he has contributed. The community doesn't want him gone, I don't want him gone, but he has walked away from that over one post. It was clearly an overreaction.

2) And he is still doing XF development.

Fact. Ragtek said in the OP that he is still doing development and that people are welcome to contact him directly.

3) He just doesn't want to participate in this community.

Fact. Also stated by Ragtek in the OP.

I'm leaving xenforo.com too..
I love the software but i'm not going to support it anymore........
Why recommend a "dead project" to an client?
Why spend freetime with helping others, just because the guys who should do the work, aren't present anymore?

I'll continue the development of my addons (if xfrocks and guitar don't do it, just to support the users), but without being a part of this community!

It isn't the great place anymore, which it was some time ago... In the last couple of weeks it get more and more bad, which also resulted in a come back of my famous drama queen...(i was really proud that i was able to ban here for so a long time, and now she's back :( )

If anybody needs support for my addons: most of you have my mail address, if not visit => www.github.com/ragtek & i'll also try to update http://ragtek.github.com

While I haven't spoken to you personally in the past, you have been recommended many times, and your releases have been a positive motivation for a lot of the xenForo developers out there. You've been a help to XenFans a lot of times. Thank you.

While it's a shame to read you're currently parting ways with this community, it's certainly understandable.

If you ever want to talk Ragtek, you can contact me in private on robert.d@xenfans.com

I've tried lots of your mods over time and still use a few of them regularly. Thanks for all the work you've put in, it is appreciated.

I really hope you return at some point

Ragtek is one of the first developers in XF and deserve a thankful post. I Wish you the best in your life GOOD LUCK !

Not really, Steve_S was (or was it Steve_M?), either way, if I recall correctly one of the steves just beat me by a day or two, ;)

Well ragtek, I am sorry you feel you must leave our community. Although you will be missed, do what you need to do.

Not really, Steve_S was (or was it Steve_M?), either way, if I recall correctly one of the steves just beat me by a day or two, ;)

Well ragtek, I am sorry you feel you must leave our community. Although you will be missed, do what you need to do.
It was me with xenLetter I believe. LOL

Ragtek, sorry to see you go but I understand as I'm doing the same for professional and real life reasons.

No offense ragtek but when I first joined the site you had ALL your addons deleted. Then you came back, now your leaving again. You'll be back.

Edit: Seriously though, no offense man cause you know I love me some ragtek man you've been pretty good to me.

No offense, but isn't this about the 20th time Ragtek has left over one matter or another?

He needs to blow off some steam like Jake said. Not that I'm intending to leave XenForo but after the whole theatrics in the community I feel like doing the same.

I'm Riding With Jake!

If he leaves, I'm leaving. If he stays, brothers to the end.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He needs to blow off some steam like Jake said. Not that I'm intending to leave XenForo but after the whole theatrics in the community I feel like doing the same.
If he hadn't done this so many times before, I wouldn't have said anything. This time might be him actually leaving, but with his history it's hard to take it seriously.

And the whole community went to garbage a long time ago, it's just brought all the dirty laundry to light these last 7 months. I have to take extended breaks from XenForo because I'm likely to send myself into a coma with all the facedesking I do:

Facedesk_by_ToSealOurFate.jpg

What are you guys talking about ? Why would hav Kier or Mike left ? Did they gave up with XenForo ? I don't understand anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom