Best Google Adsense Alternatives

Last edited:
The DoubleClick (acquired by Google) offers ad serving solutions to those who want to serve ads from their own customers. You need to setup the banners, geo targeting, type of engagement etc to serve the banners through doubleclick.

Adsense doesn't give you much control.

sites charging $1 per 1k impressions, there spaces are all sold, with a waiting list. Placement at $2 per 1k are empty...

Caution, I wouldnt generalize this. This highly depends on the niche/market you are in. Advertisers pay $50 and more per 1K impression on the right niche.

Thank you All - I really learning a lot here:)...I am not in a hurry to make money out of my site. I started in May 2014, but it looks like i have been the only one talking on the site.

@emmy If you are speaking about the link in your signature.

Why limit yourself to the word "Soccer" when the entire world is using the correct word (debateable) "Football".

I am very much interested in football but I'd ignore a site that is targeted at "Soccer" as a) I'd never google the word soccer I look for football b) i'd be biased in thinking "hey another US site that doesn't know anything about football if they can't spell it right" (no offense :D)

To make a forum work you have to offer something unique and if you can't offer unique content optimize at least the keyword for the site from soccer to football.

Also noticed that with exception of a few forums the majority of your forums have no descriptions.

My biggest recommendation to increase user engagement is to cut down on forums (a lot!) as the post/forum ratio on your site is completely off. It gives a deserted first impression to see forums with 1 thread in them.

Why not use just one forum and you have all your activity completely centralized, it will increase the awareness of your members to reply to threads (new free content :D) and it looks active.

If you have grown to a decent size and discussions are becoming messyi (pun intended) split them from the main forum to a subforum. Use prefixes to start with instead.

After eight years running a single forum that has grown to a decent size i have started a second one two days ago and you can see the above in action here. Two forums only, one on topic and one offtopic as we have a stunning number of 12 members and a whooping 133 posts :D

With activity comes content, with content comes traffic, with major traffic comes costs and costs need to be covered with (s)adsense or something else.

But most of all you need to have fun in what you do and by the look of it you are passionate of your site which is the best possible start you can have (y)

It has become a full time job really, so i am looking to get paid for my work now. The problem is and always has been is content, We allow, cussing, flaming, adult content posted with spoiler tags etc...

Don't forget that there comes a time when selling a forum makes more sense than holding on to it. For me, the tipping point was when I realized the site had become close to a full-time job. Maybe full-time work for next to no pay is okay with you; it wouldn't be for me. The problem, unfortunately, with a site that doesn't run adsense is that you'll probably have fewer income statements to provide potential buyers. That's a troublesome situation. (I hate Google for being so puritan in its TOS and forcing its BS morality onto everyone by not allowing ads on sites with certain content.) Nevertheless, if you love the forum or have fun with it, I guess that's all that matters. But after a while, running a forum is about running a forum more than it is about using it. Not sure I call that fun, really.

Looking at double-click this past week... way too much work IMO for an ad server. There are simpler solutions around than double-click for site advertising. From looking around, you're better to just use a DFP partner who caters self service advertising... making life much easier for the webmaster wanting to make some $$$.

They're doing all the hard work in finding advertisers for you, they have the audience, just as Google do. IMO... a little revenue sharing is the better model for the sheer advertising one needs to find relevant advertisers.

A few ad networks I use in addition to Adsense:
Burst Media
PulsePoint <-- pays the most for me
Conversant (ValueClick)

If you want to dabble in selling your own, Digital Point has a program which allows this. I've had mixed success over the years but it is a fairly easy way to sell ads directly which allows you to default to one of your networks.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/digital-point-ads.3081/

In addition, the Digital Point Ad Positioning add-on increased my revenue with Adsense tremendously.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/digital-point-ad-positioning.232/

I think Amazon have the scope and capacity to go head-to-head with Adsense.
Maybe for niche markets like forums and small websites.
But Amazon can't go head to head with Google as they dont have a search engine (so that is a MASSIVE strike against your scope requirement).
It's a very interesting development though.

All the while, Apple made 18 billion last year. Poor little GOOG only makes under 4 billion a quarter.

Top Bottom