Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Curious if someone here knows if/how I can accomplish this with the widget framework.

• I host a music related forum (bands, festivals, artists).
  • Each one of those is its own node, and will have its own child style based off a common parent style (custom colors, swap logo, icons).
  • I would like to have a sidebar on each of the nodes, that uses common code/template, BUT, has unique info for each band/fest/artist (social links, store links, bio, pic, etc.).
  • On VB, I easily could do that with replacement variables and a template edit.
  • Since XF does not have replacement variables, I was hoping to somehow use the widget framework to accomplish this, but I have spent all day trying to come up with a way that doesn't involve me making a widget for each band that has redundant/common code - but I don't know IF there is an easier way using this add-on.
I'm still trying to learn the XF way of doing things template wise so maybe that is my downfall. I thought somehow using the Advanced Template (wihtout wrapper) option would lead me there but I am hitting dead ends.

Anyone with more brain horsepower on this subject know if I can accomplish what I'm wanting to do?

I've tried to add a html widget on the new posts page.

When I look at the source code I can see this:

<div id="content" class="find_new_posts ">

which means "find_new_posts" is the correct string for the position field within the widgets setting, right?

However, the widget does not appear in the sidebar of the new posts page. The html widget seems to be ok,
because I can place it on every other page like recent activity (position = news_feed_page_global).

What is my mistake?

It works surely if you only have XenForo and BD Widget installed.
But it will cause on some issues on addons page.
Interesting. Let me put this specifically.
I have a hook within an addon page and that widget within the hook is getting cleared by the "clear sidebar". Can I prevent that somehow?

Then use the expression box to disallow certain page.
Oh man, expressions could do it (if I knew how to use it). Could you help me with an example that shows how to exclude a particular widget from the list of stuff "clear sidebar" clears?

I use the Beta version on XFrocks site.
And I'm using Conditionals now instead of Expression:
Code:
!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array(
'forum_list', 'thread_view', 'search_form', 'search_form_post', 'search_form_profile_post', 'register_form', 'register_facebook', 'register_twitter', 'register_google', 'error_with_login', 'login', 'contact', 'lost_password', 'message_page', 'error', 'login_two_step', 'lost_password_confirm'
))

How does one make a combo widget which displays both recent topics and posts?
I want it to act like it does in SMF where if you post a new thread, or reply to a topic; it shows in the same area.

Hi,

I successfully installed this addon on xenForo 1.5 with the default style but nothing happend. I'm still seeing the standard sidebar even after modifying and creating new widgets in all positions. Am I missing some important step to activate the addon?

Also by creating a new widget page I get the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /library/WidgetFramework/ControllerAdmin/WidgetPage.php on line 164

Any idea how to fix this?

Upgraded to the latest beta 111 and got a boatload of errors over night:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer::markTemplateToProcess() - library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php:240
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(54) "http://www.dressedwell.net/attachments/image-jpg.7095/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer::markTemplateToProcess() - library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php:240
Generated By: WeakMonday, Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://dressedwell.net/index.php?chat/refresh"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/refresh"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(11) {
    ["room_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["last_id"] => string(4) "3888"
    ["inverse"] => string(1) "0"
    ["no_users"] => string(1) "0"
    ["show_ignored"] => string(1) "0"
    ["all_pages"] => string(1) "0"
    ["embedded"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Any suggestions on a fix for these?

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to hide a widget from a specific user and from a specific forum

e.g. how can I have more than one expression:

Code:
$visitor['user_id'] != 65
$forum['node_id'] != 6

Thanks

I want the Thread renderer to show me 10 new threads, out of which I want 5 displayed and 5 to be toggled (show and hide).

Is there any Expression code that will help me with this, or is it best to go with client-side code on this (JS, jQuery..)?

Does anyone know how to get widget "tabs" to work? I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I have a widget for "new posts" and one for "new threads". I'd like to combine these into one widget with a tab. Thanks!

Does anyone know how to get widget "tabs" to work? I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I have a widget for "new posts" and one for "new threads". I'd like to combine these into one widget with a tab. Thanks!
Use the same widget group name.

Love this mod! Does anyone know how we can use the default xenForo "New Posts" widget instead of the "New Replies" one in the widget framework? The formatting of the New Replies one is slightly different, and it doesn't include new Threads. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom