Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I've not tested this, but worth a try:

1) Create a new template, e.g. avforums_no_visitor_panel
2) Contents:
Code:
<xen:container var="$noVisitorPanel">1</xen:container>
3) Create a Widget, template renderer, enter the name avforums_no_visitor_panel.

Add that widget wherever you don't want the visitor panel to show.

In theory it should work, but it depends whether the WF can pass container vars up to the PAGE_CONTAINER.

I've not tested this, but worth a try:

1) Create a new template, e.g. avforums_no_visitor_panel
2) Contents:
Code:
<xen:container var="$noVisitorPanel">1</xen:container>
3) Create a Widget, template renderer, enter the name avforums_no_visitor_panel.

Add that widget wherever you don't want the visitor panel to show.

In theory it should work, but it depends whether the WF can pass container vars up to the PAGE_CONTAINER.
Unless John removed it in the mean time (and I don't think he did), this worked. Thanks, Chris.

Got zero new users, new threads, new posts and new showcases in the forum statistics widget, whereas in the standard widget we have lots.
Do I need to add anything special to get the stats showing correctly?
[Edit - it's an addon which does the extra stats which doesn't work in the widget on pages other than a select few like the forum list].

Last edited:
everyone keeps telling me that this can move the sidebar to the bottom under breadcrumb but i cant find out how too

anyone???

everyone keeps telling me that this can move the sidebar to the bottom under breadcrumb but i cant find out how too

anyone???
Ian ,

You need to find the right hook. You can find the widget location as well in the relevant part of the adminCP

Last edited:
Ian ,

You need to find the right hook. You can find the widget location as well in the relevant part of the adminCP

thanx andy appreciate that, its mick r5mjh here not ian as ians he paying costumer here lol(y) also can i ask while your here about your shop or could you pm me sir?? thanx mick(y)

@xfrocks I believe there is a bug in Widget Framework.
I have created an advanced template widget to show our latest competitions and put the template into it as required.
View attachment 90326

However the widget is not showing in the sidebar.
The template uses the XF simple cache variable which was made available to xenforo templates as of... I think 1.2. {$xenCache}.
I'm betting the WF doesn't take notice of the {$xenCache} variable which we use like this:
{$xenCache.competitionsCache}
That's the equivalent, in PHP, of:
XenForo_Application::getSimpleCacheData('competitionsCache');
Have you gotten this working? The add-on doesn't care which variable is made available by which controller / XenForo. It simply passes the parameters to the renderer and let it work (in this case, it will pass to your template). I think it should work.

Have you gotten this working? The add-on doesn't care which variable is made available by which controller / XenForo. It simply passes the parameters to the renderer and let it work (in this case, it will pass to your template). I think it should work.
Yes, as Chris says, it's working just fine, thank you. Absolutely bizarre why it wouldn't work on the sandbox.
I'm relying the the widget framework now on AVForums for sidebar content and need a bunch of useful widgets which don't exist, yet.
If you use position "category_view", your expression should use $category instead of $forum.
Just used this with the HTML renderer to put some specific text in a certain category.
$category['node_id'] == 495
https://www.avforums.com/categories/home-av-forums.495/

Last edited:
I just tried this with a few different widgets and it works just fine...

Expression: $category['node_id'] == 1
Position: category_view

where 1 is the node id of the category I wanted it to display on so check for typos mis-pastes and things of that nature.

Top Bottom