Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I have created a home page with quite a few Advance PHP Callback widgets for widget page and I saw that order of widget in the admin does not match with the order of the pages in the front end.

Also as I debug the code and found that it is Layout class of the widget that should be ordering and mapping the content in the right order but I see it just does not work because of the data it sorts.

Can you please look into it and let me know if I am missing something.

Ok right here is my issue! What am i missing?

So i have it setup as per image attached. My issue is i only want the forum stats to show in forum_list as if it is set to all it does not pull states in on other pages. I figured if i set just that widget to forum_list it would be find but it does not show on the forum_list. What am i missing here?
New Picture (2).webp

I think you're missing a step here. WF templates aren't the last. There's quite a few other templates before it. The last WF template listed is the xfrm resource template.

the quote ws referring to widget pages specifically .. create a page node and save it.. immediately go to your templates, and you will find that the newest template will be the custom page that you just created... last in your listing. or I could be wrong. check it out and find out for yourself, you wont break anything.

ceate a page node and save it.. immediately go to your templates, and you will find that the newest template will be the custom page that you just created... last in your listing. or I could be wrong. check it out and find out for yourself, you wont break anything.
Will do!

Anyone know what the URL Portion means? I'm experimenting with the Page feature instead of overriding the index page, and I've tried all sorts of combos in my browser. For example, I made the portion "servers". So in my browser I tried http://domain.com/servers and even http://domain.com/index.php?servers. I'm trying to understand how to make this page visible... seems like a stupid question, but for some reason it's not so obvious an answer. Thanks

@xfrocks - once I create the widget page, how do I link to it? what is the URL?

In the URL portion I entered "NFC-Latest-News" but then I go to domain.com/forums/NFC-Latest-News/ site displays "The requested page could not be found." wrapped around xenforo template.

I need the URL so I can add it to the menu..

Code:
    <!-- mytab -->
        <li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="LINK" class="navLink">TAB LABEL</a></li>

Kurt - did you ever receive a response to your URL Portion question? thanks

Anyone know what the URL Portion means? I'm experimenting with the Page feature instead of overriding the index page, and I've tried all sorts of combos in my browser. For example, I made the portion "servers". So in my browser I tried http://domain.com/servers and even http://domain.com/index.php?servers. I'm trying to understand how to make this page visible... seems like a stupid question, but for some reason it's not so obvious an answer. Thanks
That page should be http://domain.com/xenforo/index.php?widget-pages/servers/. And it should appear in the node list too (unless you uncheck that option).

Ok right here is my issue! What am i missing?

So i have it setup as per image attached. My issue is i only want the forum stats to show in forum_list as if it is set to all it does not pull states in on other pages. I figured if i set just that widget to forum_list it would be find but it does not show on the forum_list. What am i missing here?
View attachment 74604
Which version of the add-on are you using? The problem you described is a bug in an old version.

I have created a home page with quite a few Advance PHP Callback widgets for widget page and I saw that order of widget in the admin does not match with the order of the pages in the front end.

Also as I debug the code and found that it is Layout class of the widget that should be ordering and mapping the content in the right order but I see it just does not work because of the data it sorts.

Can you please look into it and let me know if I am missing something.

Strange. Please post a screenshot of your setup. Also make sure to run the latest version of the add-on :)

all pages have node ID

• create and NEW widget page and save it
  • go to styles->templates and look at LAST template listed.
  • that is the template name of the new widget page that you just created
  • you also get clue as to new node ID
You are right that widget page has a node_id but it doesn't create a new template actually. The quickest way to find out the node_id is go to node list page in AdminCP, click to edit the page, you will see something like...

Code:
https://domain.com/xenforo/admin.php?nodes/something.10/edit

Then the node_is is 10.

I think you're missing a step here. WF templates aren't the last. There's quite a few other templates before it. The last WF template listed is the xfrm resource template.
As I said, there is no template for widget page ;)

XFRocks,

I have kept reading how at some point you were going to add a donation module and I wanted to know if this was ever added.... if not what are the plans or which one do you recommend.

Thanks!

Badr

No, I don't recall about that. This add-on only has widgets that use XenForo data. It doesn't collect new data or add new functionality. I believe you can use this http://xenforo.com/community/resources/donation-manager-sidebar.2294/ with http://xenforo.com/community/resources/donation-manager.385/.

is it possible to disable the framework for my forum_list page and have the default side bar for it but keep the framework for my news page?
Yes, you can "disable" it by delete all widget listed under forum_list in AdminCP > Appearance > List Widgets.

I recently implemented something similar so that inactive members weren't listed. It required four steps to achieve.

1. Create a new Usergroup for the members you want to include in the Birthdays list
2. Set up a Usergroup Promotion so that everyone who meats your criteria for being included in the Birthdays list gets added to the new Usergroup
3. Edit the Birthdays template wf_widget_birthday to only show members if they are in the new Usergroup (something like '<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 5}">' in the relevant place, where 5 is the new Usergroup's ID number)
4. Edit the Birthdays template wf_widget_birthday further to remove the section that displays how many birthdays there are (because it counts them before you filter them)

My template now looks like this:
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
   <ul class="followedOnline">
     <xen:contentcheck>
       <xen:foreach loop="$users" value="$user">
       <xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 5}">
         <li title="{$user.username}<xen:if is="{$user.age}">, {$user.age}</xen:if>" class="Tooltip user-{$user.user_id}">
           <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" class="_plainImage" />
         </li>
       </xen:if>
       </xen:foreach>
     </xen:contentcheck>
   </ul>
</xen:if>

Not the most elegant solution but it works. The ability to include/exclude Usergroups via the widget options would be better of course but would have to be implemented by xfrocks :)

That's a nice idea and great execution @MirrorMan (y) I will add a new option to filter by user group in the Birthday renderer. That way, admin can create user group promotion and easily control who show up in the Birthday renderer.

Just wondering with the Birthday widget if it is possible only to show users Birthdays who have more than 5 posts?

Alot of the Birthdays are users who have not made many posts so I would like to exclude them from showing up?

You can do that with next version of the add-on + a simple user group promotion and describe above ;)

@xfrocks - any idea why I get this when adding this code?

Code:
.sidebar .section:after {
   background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/sidebar-shadow.png") no-repeat scroll center bottom transparent;
   content: "";
   position: relative;
   display: block;
   height: 30px; }
View attachment 74383

Probably you should try this (notice the greater than symbol):

Code:
.sidebar > .section:after {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/sidebar-shadow.png") no-repeat scroll center bottom transparent;
content: "";
position: relative;
display: block;
height: 30px; }

Is it possible to make the Gallery Top Photos auto-scroll?
You need to ask the author of the gallery add-on that you are using. [bd] Widget Framework only provide the foundation for the gallery add-on to display widgets, all functionality is managed by the other add-on.

I'm getting a ton of errors. Not related only to the login page, seems related to every page.

Code:
Log Server Error
Info Errore
ErrorException: Undefined variable: page - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(482) : runtime-created function:1
Generato Da: Account Sconosciuto, Oggi alle 10:24
Analisi dello Stack
#0 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(482) : runtime-created function(1): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/var/www/tennis...', 1, Array)
#1 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array)
#2 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(486): call_user_func('?lambda_7', Array)
#3 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(572): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->_executeExpression('in_array($page[...', Array)
#4 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(396): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'login', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#5 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(313): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('login', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#6 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(126): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('login', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('login', '????????<form a...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#8 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'login')
#10 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#11 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#12 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(614): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#13 /var/www/mydomain.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#14 /var/www/mydomain.com/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}
Stato Richiesta
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(31) "http://mydomain.com/login/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

You get this error because you use $page in the expression but for some of your position, the variable is not available. Please post your expression and position here for suggestion ;)

Top Bottom