Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Is it possible to show the resource manager item list (by certain categories if possible), shows the list like icons, name, tag line, rating, etc. like the forum_list thread view widget does. I know we have a condensed one that works well in the sidebar. But wanted an extended one to throw something like that in the portal widget page main area.

Suggestion: Make it possible to duplicate a widget :) I often create a widget with the same content more then once but with a small change in the options.

So with 1.3 and image /link proxy. would there be any way to proxy images/inks in widgets for SSL?
I have some market charts that update each 15 minutes with a new image. Would love to be able to proxy them :)

@xfrocks I've just started using User Group Promotions. Since doing so, I've had this error a couple of times:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: contentTemplate - library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php:103
Generated By: Martok, 34 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(103): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 103, Array)
#1 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_create('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Admin))
#2 /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(82): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_create', Array, 'PAGE_CONTAINER')
#4 /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php(154): XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#5 /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(263): XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->createTemplateObject('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#6 /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(135): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#7 /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(614): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer('Cron entry was ...', Array)
#8 /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Message), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#9 /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(133) "http://www.******/admin.php?cron/userGroupPromotions/run&_xfToken=2%2C1392372643%2C15cac2495a285b46c19d2c786e6e95bd1c60d00b"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["cron/userGroupPromotions/run"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "2,1392372643,15cac2495a285b46c19d2c786e6e95bd1c60d00b"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I am using @Waindigo's User Criteria add-on, though I'm assuming the issue is with Widget Framework as this is what is referred to in the error log.
This has been fixed in a development version ;)

@xfrocks can you help me with this error .
its only show on the normal group how cant see all ressource . the have this error message

Code:
Template Errors: wf_widget_xfrm_resources

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/lostingaming/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 5:

4:                 ';
    5: foreach ($resources AS $resource)
    6: {

Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined variable: resources in /var/www/lostingaming/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php on line 192

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php at line 192
    WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_XFRM_Resources->_getResources() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php at line 115
    WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_XFRM_Resources->_render() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php at line 668
    WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 356
    WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 268
    WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Listener.php at line 126
    WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
    XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 123
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 614
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/lostingaming/index.php at line 13

@xfrocks can you help me with this error .
its only show on the normal group how cant see all ressource . the have this error message

Code:
Template Errors: wf_widget_xfrm_resources

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/lostingaming/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 5:

4:                 ';
    5: foreach ($resources AS $resource)
    6: {

Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined variable: resources in /var/www/lostingaming/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php on line 192

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php at line 192
    WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_XFRM_Resources->_getResources() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php at line 115
    WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_XFRM_Resources->_render() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php at line 668
    WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 356
    WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 268
    WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Listener.php at line 126
    WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
    XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 123
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 614
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/lostingaming/index.php at line 13
Please try go to the widget and click Save. If that doesn't work, try upgrading to v2.4.7b. Sorry for the inconvenience.

And how can I can get the child or sibling forum link where the post has been posted in the reply view?

I mean, I have this:

<xen:include template="thread_list_item">
<xen:set var="$showForumLink">1</xen:set>
<xen:set var="$showLastPageNumbers">1</xen:set>
</xen:include>

But it only shows me the MAIN forum link, not the child forum where it has been posted. This code is the same as in first_new_post, where it does work, but in this widget, it won't. Why is this?

Please, can someone help me out with this? It does not show the correct forumlink....

@xfrocks I'm getting rather confused as to the version numbering of Widget Framework. I always try to keep my add-ons up-to-date and I watch all of these for new releases. However I've noticed with yours that the version number keeps changing but there's no announcement of an update. I am on 2.4.6e but I've noticed today that the latest is 2.47b.

Why aren't you announcing these updates? Surely we need to update as there have been some necessary changes in the latest version? If not, then why not just leave what is available in the RM until a 'proper' update is released?

@xfrocks I'm getting rather confused as to the version numbering of Widget Framework. I always try to keep my add-ons up-to-date and I watch all of these for new releases. However I've noticed with yours that the version number keeps changing but there's no announcement of an update. I am on 2.4.6e but I've noticed today that the latest is 2.47b.

Why aren't you announcing these updates? Surely we need to update as there have been some necessary changes in the latest version? If not, then why not just leave what is available in the RM until a 'proper' update is released?
The update is minor and addresses specific issue with one person only so no update entry is available. Since it is a complicated add-on and most of its users don't use all features, there is no point to disturb everyone for some small bug fix (which I try to provide a fix as soon as it is possible). There are two alternatives:
  1. No small bug fix update (bad idea)
  2. Request KAM to implement a better watch system where people can subscribe to be alerted for major updates only for example (hard)
So yeah, we have to live with it for now.

Request KAM to implement a better watch system where people can subscribe to be alerted for major updates only for example (hard)

That's quite a good RM suggestion - major / minor update alerts (although I agree that might be quite hard to program for). (y)

The update is minor and addresses specific issue with one person only so no update entry is available. Since it is a complicated add-on and most of its users don't use all features, there is no point to disturb everyone for some small bug fix (which I try to provide a fix as soon as it is possible). There are two alternatives:
  1. No small bug fix update (bad idea)
  2. Request KAM to implement a better watch system where people can subscribe to be alerted for major updates only for example (hard)
So yeah, we have to live with it for now.
Fair enough. As long as I know that if you don't make an announcement then there's no need to update then that's fine. :)

Why don't you make the request for this major/minor update alert to KAM? It'd probably carry more weight from you and your experience of the RM.

Fair enough. As long as I know that if you don't make an announcement then there's no need to update then that's fine. :)

Why don't you make the request for this major/minor update alert to KAM? It'd probably carry more weight from you and your experience of the RM.
It is useful but I personally think I would not implement that if I were KAM. Quite complicated and doesn't benefit many people. I liked the suggestion BTW ;)

Top Bottom