Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
You meant the error remains in the error log? It will stay there until you clear the log. How often does it show up? If new error log stopped showing up then it's good now.
You'll have to excuse my newbee mistakes, yes you are right, the error remained in the error log "until I cleared it" It does not show any more. It is good now :) Thank you for your patience and help. ;)

You should do that.
There is a problem with my "Default Style", the parent style of all style in my forum. So this problem is fixed. :D Thank you for your help. :)

On the other side, is there any reason why there is no "xml-to-import" folder in 2.4.6* release?

There is a problem with my "Default Style", the parent style of all style in my forum. So this problem is fixed. :D Thank you for your help. :)

On the other side, is there any reason why there is no "xml-to-import" folder in 2.4.6* release?
TaigaChat has its renderer so that one is not needed. The reset thing is quite useless anyway. So I stopped including the folder to avoid questions regarding multiple XMLs.

I'm using xengallery - when I try to create a gallery widget my site intermittently gets a "no data" error in chrome (is that a 503?). When the site does load, the widget does not show. Disabling the widget makes the server error go away. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

I'm using xengallery - when I try to create a gallery widget my site intermittently gets a "no data" error in chrome (is that a 503?). When the site does load, the widget does not show. Disabling the widget makes the server error go away. Any ideas on troubleshooting?
Check your server log, then double check to make sure you configure the widget correctly. Probably ask the author also.

Not sure if this is this add-on, i get two blocks here similar content, different names.

View attachment 65141
They are a bit different actually, with the widget title. I think you may have a default sidebar or something like that. Enable and disable widgets to see which one causes problem.

OK, I have replaced xenporta with a Widget page. Here's how:

I use Nodes as Tabs. In the Widget Page I built, I de-selected "Is Index Page" and instead used the "Display as Tab" feature on Nodes as Tabs....

...and then I set the proper config up in Options (Basic Board Information) -- I leave "Widget Page as Index" blank. "Index Page Route" is "widget-pages/home/". Homepage URL is left blank.

Works beautifully! I did this because I didn't want all the forum sub-nav items on my home tab. Otherwise I could have just used "Is Index Page" on my Widget Page setting.

My problem -- now my sub-nav links are blank. @xfrocks, how can I customize my sub-navigation links in the wf_widget_page_index template? Tried a couple things but wasn't exactly sure where to place them. I have some static links that I want to appear as sub-nav items (links) under the home tab. Great mod!!

OK, I have replaced xenporta with a Widget page. Here's how:

I use Nodes as Tabs. In the Widget Page I built, I de-selected "Is Index Page" and instead used the "Display as Tab" feature on Nodes as Tabs....

...and then I set the proper config up in Options (Basic Board Information) -- I leave "Widget Page as Index" blank. "Index Page Route" is "widget-pages/home/". Homepage URL is left blank.

Works beautifully! I did this because I didn't want all the forum sub-nav items on my home tab. Otherwise I could have just used "Is Index Page" on my Widget Page setting.

My problem -- now my sub-nav links are blank. @xfrocks, how can I customize my sub-navigation links in the wf_widget_page_index template? Tried a couple things but wasn't exactly sure where to place them. I have some static links that I want to appear as sub-nav items (links) under the home tab. Great mod!!
Nice work! However, you can use the as index option and go to style properties to disable those navtab links. If you do use the as index option, you can create child nodes for the Widget Page and they will show up as navtab links. I normally create link forum for those.

Or you can keep using Nodes As Tab, there is an option to choose a template of your choice as the navtab links.

Plenty of options for you.

Hi xfrocks, i get the following error in my server logs. Any ideas?

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'WidgetFramework_Route_Filter_PageX' not found - library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php:236
Generated By: Unknown Account, Saturday at 6:51 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://www.nzwarriors.com/index.php?liveupdate"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["liveupdate"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(55) "/threads/shaun-wane-to-nz-warriors-in-2015.31205/page-3"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Hi xfrocks, i get the following error in my server logs. Any ideas?

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'WidgetFramework_Route_Filter_PageX' not found - library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php:236
Generated By: Unknown Account, Saturday at 6:51 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://www.nzwarriors.com/index.php?liveupdate"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["liveupdate"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(55) "/threads/shaun-wane-to-nz-warriors-in-2015.31205/page-3"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
Try reuploading. If that doesn't work, try again by looking for the file inside the package and upload that file only (to the correct location, of course).

Hi @xfrocks
two questions from our side:
  1. Is there a possibiliy to integrate pagination on the widget?
  2. is it possible to read out the first ATTACH image for use as preview image (with link to the article)
Here is our setup: http://www.apfeltalk.de

Right now we show a limited amount of articles (threads of our articles forum) on the index page (by widget page). We would like to show a pagination at the bottom (below the widget) to reach all the other articles...

Cheers, Jesper
from Apfeltalk.de

By the way: great AddOn!

Nice work! However, you can use the as index option and go to style properties to disable those navtab links. If you do use the as index option, you can create child nodes for the Widget Page and they will show up as navtab links. I normally create link forum for those.

Or you can keep using Nodes As Tab, there is an option to choose a template of your choice as the navtab links.

Plenty of options for you.
Hmm, struggling with this... problem could be, too many options! :unsure:

First, I tried using the "as index" option for my widget page and disabled nodes as tabs for it. I created child nodes for the Widget Page, using link forums. Problem was, they didn't show up. And there was no "depth of child links" option anywhere unless you're using Nodes for Tabs, so I got stuck.

Then, I tried using the Nodes as Tabs option, and created my own template based on their dummy one. It's a very simple template but I couldn't get it to format. For whatever reason, it kept looking like this:

navlinks.webp
The only other layout I could get was where the items above all properly displayed across the top row, but the sublinks were all my root node items, not the hard-coded links I put in my alternate Nodes as Tabs template. It might be a problem with my node structure; I have multiple root node items in my directory structure. Perhaps I should have only one root node (the Widget Page)...

I got this error:
Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: contentTemplate - library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php:103
Generated By: Draft, 3 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(103): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 103, Array)
#1 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_create('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Admin))
#2 /library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(82): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_create', Array, 'PAGE_CONTAINER')
#4 /library/XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php(154): XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#5 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(263): XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->createTemplateObject('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#6 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(135): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#7 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(614): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer('Cron entry was ...', Array)
#8 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Message), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#9 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(130) "https://www.phcorner.net/admin.php?cron/userGroupPromotions/run&_xfToken=1%2C139022716ddf8%2dfdfCfd79f3e8589bfc7334c596e59c9e91f9ea3d30a0"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["cron/userGroupPromotions/run"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1390227168,fd79f3e8589bfc7334c596e59c9e91f9ea3d30a0"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hi @xfrocks
two questions from our side:
  1. Is there a possibiliy to integrate pagination on the widget?
  2. is it possible to read out the first ATTACH image for use as preview image (with link to the article)
Here is our setup: http://www.apfeltalk.de

Right now we show a limited amount of articles (threads of our articles forum) on the index page (by widget page). We would like to show a pagination at the bottom (below the widget) to reach all the other articles...

Cheers, Jesper
from Apfeltalk.de

By the way: great AddOn!
For Threads renderer, it is not possible because calculating paging for threads is tricky and doesn't work all the time. Maybe sometime soon.

Hmm, struggling with this... problem could be, too many options! :unsure:

First, I tried using the "as index" option for my widget page and disabled nodes as tabs for it. I created child nodes for the Widget Page, using link forums. Problem was, they didn't show up. And there was no "depth of child links" option anywhere unless you're using Nodes for Tabs, so I got stuck.

Then, I tried using the Nodes as Tabs option, and created my own template based on their dummy one. It's a very simple template but I couldn't get it to format. For whatever reason, it kept looking like this:

View attachment 65240
The only other layout I could get was where the items above all properly displayed across the top row, but the sublinks were all my root node items, not the hard-coded links I put in my alternate Nodes as Tabs template. It might be a problem with my node structure; I have multiple root node items in my directory structure. Perhaps I should have only one root node (the Widget Page)...
You can have many top level nodes, no problem. For child nodes to show up, make sure you enable the style property.
Other than that, if you can't get the template for Node As Tab working, maybe you should contact the other add-on's author. I'm not very familiar with his add-on to be honest :P

You can have many top level nodes, no problem. For child nodes to show up, make sure you enable the style property.
I can confirm I did do this (and double-checked) before trying the Nodes as Tabs approach. Perhaps there is some compatibility issue... I'll keep at it and will report any progress. Thanks.

Top Bottom