Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
This is totally excellent! I want to 'turn on' the email alert on tagging for everyone - is that possible? I use Amazon SES to handle all the email and have the ability to send 28 emails/second. So I think sending email alerts won't be a problem for me.

Thanks a TON for this update.

I have group tagging setup and under usergroups have the group as tagable and still can't tag groups.
Assuming "group tagging setup" means you configured the permission? Try tag the group manually in a post (type @Administrative for example) and submit it to see if the server accept the tag or not.

This is totally excellent! I want to 'turn on' the email alert on tagging for everyone - is that possible? I use Amazon SES to handle all the email and have the ability to send 28 emails/second. So I think sending email alerts won't be a problem for me.

Thanks a TON for this update.
It would not recommend doing that but you can execute a SQL query like this
Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option SET bdtagme_email = 1;

One more thing: Which template should I edit to change the content of the email that is sent? :)
You can't edit the email unless you enable the debug mode. If you do have debug mode turned on, go to AdminCP > Development > Email Templates, look for bdtagme_tagged.

It would not recommend doing that but you can execute a SQL query like this
Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option SET bdtagme_email = 1;
Well, why do you say it's not recommended? I don't have usergroup tagging enabled. So only individual users can tag and receive alerts. Will that still be a problem?

Well, why do you say it's not recommended? I don't have usergroup tagging enabled. So only individual users can tag and receive alerts. Will that still be a problem?
Mostly because of server performance impact but you have a powerful server so that may not matter much. However, automatically registering user for emails is not a good thing in my book. I understand that it will increase user interaction but you may want to let them know the feature and enable themselves? Just my suggestion ;)

Mostly because of server performance impact but you have a powerful server so that may not matter much. However, automatically registering user for emails is not a good thing in my book. I understand that it will increase user interaction but you may want to let them know the feature and enable themselves? Just my suggestion ;)
Thanks! Really appreciate it. We'll give users an option to 'disable' if they want to (by announcing it). I think individual users getting tagged and receiving emails won't be a performance issue. Because even if someone tags say 10 people at a time; the server would send 10 extra emails. I think that won't be an issue. :)

Got it figured out....I didn't see 1 option enabled that and it works.

I didn't see this one option shown in the screenshot. Once I enabled it that fixed my issue.screen.webp

Top Bottom