Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
What happens if we tag someone in a forum they can't see. . .say admins are discussing something about a member. Will they get an alert?

Just a quick question before I install.

As admin, could I type @everyone or @everybody (or something else configurable for admin only) to send a forum-wide alert out? If not... can you add it please :D

As admin, could I type @everyone or @everybody (or something else configurable for admin only) to send a forum-wide alert out? If not... can you add it please :D

That would be great for site announcements and anything else you would like as many members to see as possible.

James

So many people asked for this that I'll add this feature in the next version. Still thinking of way to implement it without affecting performance.

That would be great for site announcements and anything else you would like as many members to see as possible.

James
Not to hijack his thread, but I thought xfrocks had said that this wouldn't be added. Darkimmortal has something you may want though.

Obviously changed his mind, nice. (y)
Or possibly tags for specific user groups? @Developers @Supporters etc.

edit: lovely work on the addon btw.
Make sure to download the latest version! User group tagging has been added :D

I applied the update and I had to immediately disable [bd] Tag Me.
It was prohibiting updating statuses, replying to posts, creating new topics, etc,
with an error saying "You do not have permission to tag these users",
even though no users were specified in any of the attempts.

I'm using Social Status Updater, and XenPorta. No other modifications.

I applied the update and I had to immediately disable [bd] Tag Me.
It was prohibiting updating statuses, replying to posts, creating new topics, etc,
with an error saying "You do not have permission to tag these users",
even though no users were specified in any of the attempts.

I'm using Social Status Updater, and XenPorta. No other modifications.
This is a bug and it has been fixed in 1.6.2. Please download the new version and upgrade your site. Sorry for the problem :( The permission was enforced a little too much.

How do you enable tagging for usergroups? I've installed the latest version and set the permissions but it doesn't seem to work. I tried @administrative @supporters @moderating @developers (some of my usergroups) etc.

How do you enable tagging for usergroups? I've installed the latest version and set the permissions but it doesn't seem to work. I tried @administrative @supporters @moderating @developers (some of my usergroups) etc.
You have to go to the user group (Administrative for example) and check the box "Is Taggable".

This is getting complicated. Probably I will have to write an instruction document.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 11.04.59 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 11.04.59 AM.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 21
Ah yes, got it working now, thanks. The only part of XenForo I don't like is the permissions system. I still find it confusing and annoying.

Ah yes, got it working now, thanks. The only part of XenForo I don't like is the permissions system. I still find it confusing and annoying.
Sorry. Moving the max limit to permission system is necessary to support different limit for different user groups :(

Top Bottom