Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
Nope, it means if you quote me and then you tag me, I will only receive 1 alert. Anyway, if you tag me 3 times, it should send out 1 alert too. I changed this behavior in 1.2.3, please update. Sorry for soooo many updates recently guys!
Ah, well it works great now, thanks!

You can tag any person in any post, as a means of alerting them to a particular post or thread.
Even threads they have never posted in or aren't watching.

You can tag any person in any post, as a means of alerting them to a particular post or thread.
Even threads they have never posted in or aren't watching.
I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Tagging them to threads they haven't posted in or watching makes sense... Thanks!

Time to download, install and try it out!

Ok, I've installed it BUT i can't see any option in any thread, post or anywhere which lets me Tag anything ?

I'm using the latest version of Safari for Mac.

Help.

Ok, I've installed it BUT i can't see any option in any thread, post or anywhere which lets me Tag anything ?

I'm using the latest version of Safari for Mac.

Help.
There is no options / buttons. Just type @ineedhelp for example

Type @[user name] in the editor and click Post Reply.
There is no options / buttons. Just type @ineedhelp for example
Thanks...

So each tag will = 1 post? because I tagged myself in my own thread, It created a new post with my username being clickable.. Ok I might not see results if I tag myself, right?

Sof I i want to tag pics, posts, I have to reply to them in the normal way but using @username in the reply ?

And to tag someone to an unwatched, or new thread, I just post @username ? Won't this create a lot of unnecessary posts when people only make a post to tag someone?

This add-on allow user to tag username in posts (conversation is not supported) so you can say something like

Today I met this guy (@ineedhelp) and he's awesome.

By posting that post, you told the story (about an awesome guy) and you also let the guy know you are talking about him. Another plus is that other people can think "Oh, he's an awesome guy, let's check out his posts or follow him", etc.

Another scenario: you are in a support forum and a random user asks how to cook chicken soup. Oops, you don't know how to do that but you know somebody who knows. You can post like this

Sorry girl, I have no idea about that. But Mr. @xfrocks is a very good cook, I think he knows how to do that

Well, now you (as a very good admin) answered your user nicely. And you notified me to come by to check that specific thread. Everybody is happy :D

PS: Have you ever used Twitter or Facebook?

This add-on allow user to tag username in posts (conversation is not supported) so you can say something like

By posting that post, you told the story (about an awesome guy) and you also let the guy know you are talking about him. Another plus is that other people can think "Oh, he's an awesome guy, let's check out his posts or follow him", etc.

Another scenario: you are in a support forum and a random user asks how to cook chicken soup. Oops, you don't know how to do that but you know somebody who knows. You can post like this

Well, now you (as a very good admin) answered your user nicely. And you notified me to come by to check that specific thread. Everybody is happy :D

PS: Have you ever used Twitter or Facebook?
Loooooooool, that's a brilliant reply!

Yes I have both twitter and Facebook but I've never tagged anyone so not used the option. Only time I've noticed it when I'm typing someone's name in a Facebook post and it gives you a drop down list of your friends.

--------

While your still here can you explain the Custom option - I didn't quite understand it. And the BBCode TAG: USER Thanks.

Oh yeah so this add-on is NOT compatible with IE ?

If you use the custom option, the add-on will replace @ineedhelp with [USER]ineedhelp[/USER] in the post's message in database. When the post is rendered in threads, the bbcode [USER] will be rendered using template "bdtagme_tag". You can modify the template to render it differently.

If you don't use the custom option, the add-on will replace @ineedhelp with @[URL='http://...']ineedhelp[/URL]. When the post is rendered, it will be a normal link.

If you use the custom option, the add-on will replace @ineedhelp with [USER]ineedhelp[/USER] in the post's message in database. When the post is rendered in threads, the bbcode [USER] will be rendered using template "bdtagme_tag". You can modify the template to render it differently.

If you don't use the custom option, the add-on will replace @ineedhelp with @[URL='http://...']ineedhelp[/URL]. When the post is rendered, it will be a normal link.
As as default, it's set to Custom, no need to mess about with it or change it? As I wouldn't want the full URL showing.

And if i was to Untick Remove "@" - this wouldn't effect search results etc ?

What can I gain by editing that template file you mentioned ?
IE not supported?

Yes, just keep it to Custom.

Removing "@" shouldn't have any impact.

I have no idea. If you want something special, you will need to edit the template or else, just leave it alone. You can change the template to change the color of the tag for example.

IE is not supported in user suggestion feature (you type @ine and it display ineedhelp so you can click instead of typing all the way).

How can I change the colour of the Tag so people know there's a Tag in the post. Otherwise no one will hardly ever mouse over the username unless they can see it's a different colour. Because sometimes people will generally mention another users name but it doesn't mean that user was tagged.. So members don't want to be hovering over each username they see in a post.

Eample:

"This thread will be useful to username because he's been looking for this."

How can I change the colour of the Tag so people know there's a Tag in the post. Otherwise no one will hardly ever mouse over the username unless they can see it's a different colour. Because sometimes people will generally mention another users name but it doesn't mean that user was tagged.. So members don't want to be hovering over each username they see in a post.

Eample:

"This thread will be useful to username because he's been looking for this."

I think we don't need to do that. Please keep things simple.
You know who you were tagged and the best way for people know they were tagged is alert them.

Try tag someone in your facebook posts, you can see how great this feature is.

Top Bottom