Resource icon

[bd] API Consumer 0.9.7

No permission to download
So their account would still exist on the slave if the add-on was uninstalled...but the password would need reset? This assumes, of course, that their email is copied over?

So does it leave the pw field on the slave blank or does it put a generated pw into there?

Yes, email is copied.

XenForo doesn't have a password field. But yeah, it basically leaves the password information blank.

Thanks for the answers!

Now, to avoid messing up the installations.......

Which API is installed on which server?

Does "consumer" go on the master and the regular API on the slave?

And, if you would, could you give instructions on setting up the slave? Unless you think it is very clear to the layman how to configure the remote login......

Thanks for the answers!

Now, to avoid messing up the installations.......

Which API is installed on which server?

Does "consumer" go on the master and the regular API on the slave?

And, if you would, could you give instructions on setting up the slave? Unless you think it is very clear to the layman how to configure the remote login......

[bd] API to the server. [bd] API Consumer to the slave.

After installation, go to the server to create a client (http://domain.com/xenforo/account/api), make sure you setup the permission for your account. Copy the key and secret to use in the slave forum.

Go to slave forum, AdminCP > Home > Options > [bd] API Consumer, enter the master information. URL should be http://domain.com/xenforo/api, the key and secret.

It should work now.

[bd] API to the server. [bd] API Consumer to the slave.

After installation, go to the server to create a client (http://domain.com/xenforo/account/api), make sure you setup the permission for your account. Copy the key and secret to use in the slave forum.

Go to slave forum, AdminCP > Home > Options > [bd] API Consumer, enter the master information. URL should be http://domain.com/xenforo/api, the key and secret.

It should work now.

Having some trouble.....the master API does not seem to want to install correctly!

The first time I tried, the add-on installer in the ACP just never went through the pages where it rebuilds the templates, etc.
The second time, it did go through them all and the API showed installed in the add-on list, but there were no menu items or usergroup permissions relating to it. In other words, no way to set anything!

So I removed all the files and uploaded them again. Same thing - the installer locks up and does not go through the rebuild screens. No error in the XF logs.....

Oh, well.....it sounded nice!

See enclosed for the result of the 2nd time installation...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 8.30.44 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 8.30.44 PM.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 12
Having some trouble.....the master API does not seem to want to install correctly!

The first time I tried, the add-on installer in the ACP just never went through the pages where it rebuilds the templates, etc.
The second time, it did go through them all and the API showed installed in the add-on list, but there were no menu items or usergroup permissions relating to it. In other words, no way to set anything!

So I removed all the files and uploaded them again. Same thing - the installer locks up and does not go through the rebuild screens. No error in the XF logs.....

Oh, well.....it sounded nice!

See enclosed for the result of the 2nd time installation...

Please post the question in the other addon thread ;)
Anyway, you were using the installer addon to install it? Can you try install it manually? By manually I meant upload files via ftp and use the XenForo installer to import the xml. If you still have problem, feel free to contact me via conversation.

I installed it using the XF installer. It also locks up (does not go through the screens) when uninstalling, although it eventually uninstalls it. It seems to really load up the server (server load with top) when it is hanging up.

i'll post in the other thread.

Oh, the consumer one installed fine on the slave site using XF installer in the ACP.

I don't use the automatic (deeming) installer. I upload the files and then use the xml file from my computer.

I would like to connect 4 XF installations in such a way that
  • if a user registers on one of the sites, the user is registered everywhere.
  • if a user gets a usergroup promotion, purchases a subscription, changes email or password on one site then this changes for all sites.
  • once logged in, the user is logged in on all websites.
My sites are very busy and include a big board. All is hosted on the same private cloud.

Would this be possible by expansion of this addon?

I think you'd be asking for a LOT of custom work.....
But I think the change in email and password would probably take next time the user logged in.

xfrocks will have to answer exactly what happens in that case!

BTW, I had one user experiment a little. They could not, once logged in through the API, decide to set a new password on the 2nd site...probably as it should be!

The only way to actually separate the accounts was for me to put a pw in their profile in the 2nd site and then they were able to change it. At that point I assume they are a full fledged member of the 2nd site and no longer logging in through the first.

I would like to connect 4 XF installations in such a way that
  1. if a user registers on one of the sites, the user is registered everywhere.
  2. if a user gets a usergroup promotion, purchases a subscription, changes email or password on one site then this changes for all sites.
  3. once logged in, the user is logged in on all websites.
My sites are very busy and include a big board. All is hosted on the same private cloud.

Would this be possible by expansion of this addon?

(1) The accounts will not be sync'd at the time of creation. They will be the first time user login in one of the slave site.

(2) Not possible for now but may be done with a small custom work.

(3) This is possible right now. Just enable Auto Register and Auto Login option in the AdminCP.

BTW, I had one user experiment a little. They could not, once logged in through the API, decide to set a new password on the 2nd site...probably as it should be!

The only way to actually separate the accounts was for me to put a pw in their profile in the 2nd site and then they were able to change it. At that point I assume they are a full fledged member of the 2nd site and no longer logging in through the first.

Yes, that's the way it is designed. External user doesn't have a password. They will need to request a password reset to have the password generated by the system. Once they have the password they can both login via external site AND with password. This is similar to Facebook login FYI.

(1) The accounts will not be sync'd at the time of creation. They will be the first time user login in one of the slave site.

(2) Not possible for now but may be done with a small custom work.

(3) This is possible right now. Just enable Auto Register and Auto Login option in the AdminCP.
That's awesome. Then there is one more thing that I need:

(4) Mirror certain forums on multiple domains, so that the same thread can get replies from multiple websites and can also be moderated from multiple websites.

That's awesome. Then there is one more thing that I need:

(4) Mirror certain forums on multiple domains, so that the same thread can get replies from multiple websites and can also be moderated from multiple websites.
That could be done too.

@xfrocks so after your reply here http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-api.48900/page-4#post-643871

I decided to check this add-on (API Consumer) out. Don't think this will work with http://www.persona.org/

There is no secret key or client id (I'm sure there is, but its on their end)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Persona?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Persona
Sorry if I wasn't making myself clear but this add-on is not designed to work with Persona API. It works similar to Persona (let you login via a XenForo site) but it does not work with Persona.

Sorry if I wasn't making myself clear but this add-on is not designed to work with Persona API. It works similar to Persona (let you login via a XenForo site) but it does not work with Persona.
Clearly I wasn't clear enough....

I was hoping on of your API add-ons would work with an outside API

You can build applications to use [bd] API, can be a website or a mobile app.

However, it's hard to use [bd] API Consumer with another API provider other than [bd] API.
So I was right in my original post about [bd] API .... That I would have better luck trying to figure out to get that to work with it.

Good to know

@xfrocks
Have you checked this with Firefox 29.0.1 ? I think there is a problem with that when you click on "Login with Site" button.
It is displaying HTTP ERROR
Bad Request HTTP 400
Since the syntax is incorrect, the server can not understand this request.

This happen only on Firefox 29.0.1. Google Chrome works fine.

Top Bottom