Resource icon

No permission to download
I have several private nodes on my site, with only selected users having access to each. The problem is that a user does not know who the other users are that will see their posts when posting in a private node.

I'd like to be able to post, in the right margin of the private node's page, either a list of users or a list of avatars for those users who have access to the private node. I can manually generate this list of users who have access to each private node.

So, in a long winded question, can I use this code inside a widget to display a list of users' avatars in the right margin of a private node page?

I have several private nodes on my site, with only selected users having access to each. The problem is that a user does not know who the other users are that will see their posts when posting in a private node.

I'd like to be able to post, in the right margin of the private node's page, either a list of users or a list of avatars for those users who have access to the private node. I can manually generate this list of users who have access to each private node.

So, in a long winded question, can I use this code inside a widget to display a list of users' avatars in the right margin of a private node page?
Well, this avatar.php thing would be really unrelated to that. You'd need a widget to fetch the people. Say, you put them in their own group, you'd just fetch people in that group.

Well, this avatar.php thing would be really unrelated to that. You'd need a widget to fetch the people. Say, you put them in their own group, you'd just fetch people in that group.

The groups of people are small (< 10). So, I was just thinking that I'd create the group lists manually (within the widget).

On the other hand, in my instance the users are actually already in groups. So, for example, the Marketing Group has access to the Marketing private node.

Any chance this code could be updated to fetch the avatars of all users within a group? I think that would work perfectly for me.

The groups of people are small (< 10). So, I was just thinking that I'd create the group lists manually (within the widget).

On the other hand, in my instance the users are actually already in groups. So, for example, the Marketing Group has access to the Marketing private node.

Any chance this code could be updated to fetch the avatars of all users within a group? I think that would work perfectly for me.
Well, if you're creating a group list manually you can just use this to get the avatars of each user manually. If you were fetching users from a group using a SQL query, then, well, you wouldn't need this :P

Back
Top Bottom