XF 1.5 Auto Assign "letter" avatar to members who have not uploaded an avatar

RaptureForums

Hi,
I was browsing the forums here and noticed that most everyone if not everyone has an avatar. Then it looks like some members just had a letter for an avatar. Then I figured out that the letter matched the beginning fo the username. So, I started to figure that maybe the avatars were automatically generated for people who did not upload an avatar? I see over at my site that there are quite a few people who are lazy and did not upload an avatar so they have the standard "male" or "female" avatars to show. :rolleyes:

My question is about whether there is a add-on or something that can assign a "letter avatar" for my lazy posters? It makes the forums look bad with all those male or female avatars especially on a Christian forum. :eek: :D Or is this just an option for the new Xenforo 2 software? :unsure:

I sure would appreciate some help on how to get people on my forum to upload and avatar or to have one assigned to them until they upload one themselves. I did not see a add-on that did that, but perhaps I overlooked it. Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. (y)

Thank you for your time. :)

Last edited:

Oh ok. I wondered about that. I just found an add-on that supposedly does what I wanted (I guess I didn't search the right terms the first time), but it didn't get a good review or rating. So, I think I'll just wait for the built in one in Xenforo 2.0 since it is coming out soon.

Thank you for helping me. :-)

Top Bottom