Article

You want a suggestion. Look at AMS by @Bob. It will do what you want, and it has SO many more benefits than the simplistic article ability that XF has. Yes, it is a paid add-on, but it is worth EVERY penny of it's price. I haven't even touched the abilities of it yet on my site, and I love it. Instead of it being a node, it's an actual navigation option by default.... and as I said, it is capable of MUCH more than the default XF "wanna-be" articles are.

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 7.02.43 AM.webp

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 7.00.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 7.01.11 AM.png

If I create articles, is it possible to create related threads in the forum?
I used to have a lot of articles that were resources using the resource manage and of course the associated thread was the discussion about the article.

But the new Article feature seemed to have rendered that unnecessary so I converted all the "article" resources to article threads and couldn't be happier. So I'd say you don't need related threads, because the article itself is at the top of the thread.

So I'd answer no, you can't create related threads in the way you do with resources, but that you don't need to.

You want a suggestion. Look at AMS by @Bob. It will do what you want, and it has SO many more benefits than the simplistic article ability that XF has. Yes, it is a paid add-on, but it is worth EVERY penny of it's price. I haven't even touched the abilities of it yet on my site, and I love it. Instead of it being a node, it's an actual navigation option by default.... and as I said, it is capable of MUCH more than the default XF "wanna-be" articles are.

View attachment 283292

View attachment 283290
View attachment 283291
Where is this AMS addon? Bob has not updated his addons for years.

But the new Article feature seemed to have rendered that unnecessary so I converted all the "article" resources to article threads and couldn't be happier. So I'd say you don't need related threads, because the article itself is at the top of the thread.
How are you featuring them on your homepage? or they just stay on the forum?

How are you setting it up?
My home page is a page with just a bunch of various widgets, so the articles are as configured in the enhanced search forum widget.

It looks like you are using the article forum as a home page index route. Which works well but doesn't allow you to use the search forum feature to combine from different forums.

Last edited:
I have replied to your ticket but for anyone else wondering, ensure you set a trailing slash for the index page route, e.g. forums/home/ .

It also needs to be forums, not forum, as nodes are in the forums route.

The route filter is not required.

I have replied to your ticket but for anyone else wondering, ensure you set a trailing slash for the index page route, e.g. forums/home/ .

It also needs to be forums, not forum, as nodes are in the forums route.

The route filter is not required.
Indeed. Thank you Paul.
I missed the trailing slash and the forums so I set home route as forum/home instead of forums/home/
Now it looks much cleaner and I haven't reached out to support for the last few years about this. It was solved in a few minutes.

Top Bottom