Apple Laptop

I was going to buy the 13" but its soooooo small and hard to do anything on it. I'm on a 14 inch screen now and it's pretty small. My daughter's Mac desk top for her school (and future career) will over 5k because of what she needs on it. (Music school) Better be worth it.

I was going to buy the 13" but its soooooo small and hard to do anything on it.
My HP Elitebook (work box) is a 13". It's livable but I much prefer using it hooked to an external 27" monitor. The 13 is okay for basic tasks but very limiting for spreadsheets and anything else that needs plenty of screen real estate.

I do use the 13 as a second screen where I can stick my email or documents that I am copying and pasting from.

You shouldn't even be contemplating an Intel Mac. If you need a 16" screen, wait till the new Macbook Pros come out.

If you can get away with 13" get the Air and add a bit of RAM and SSD space if necessary. Should be 1/4 - 1/2 your current cart.

But..... I'm contemplating an Intel Mac?

If I'm going to do anything Mac, it would be another Mac Mini. I've had REALLY good luck with my late 2012 Mini. All I've had to do with it is replace a cooling fan. I don't do anything heavy on it, mainly remote support for some clients I have had for a few decades, web related browsing and shell access to Linux servers.

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 8.12.09 PM.webp

I ended up buying an HP for now. I just couldn't bring myself to spend huge amounts of money on an Apple right now. I spent about a grand on this HP and so far it's okay. Does what I need it to do.

Top Bottom