Any list of ad locations?

sophie1204

I've been using the demo, and I see there are multiple ad locations in the templates (ad_something else). I've been experimenting with putting in ads to see where they go, but I was wondering: is there something available that specifically describes the ad locations? Also, is it possible to put an ad only below the first post in a thread and not after each post?

If you want to show the ad after the first post on every page, then you would use this:

<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0">
This content will show after the first post on every page
</xen:if>

Above content is just above the node list, above that is the Forums > Xenforo > Node Name > Thread name navigation bar, above breadcrumb is above this.

What's the difference between "Above Top Breadcrumb" and "Above Content?"

sophie1204,

While I develop my add-on I need to know what locations are displayed to the visitor when in specific areas of XenForo. I took the time to edit each ad location template to display the ad template name, for testing. You can explore my development site to see where and when each ad template will be shown.

As my site is for developing , forgive the "mess" it is in, and of course the crazy test posts.

http://www.xenfx.net/community/index.php

sophie1204,

While I develop my add-on I need to know what locations are displayed to the visitor when in specific areas of XenForo. I took the time to edit each ad location template to display the ad template name, for testing. You can explore my development site to see where and when each ad template will be shown.

As my site is for developing , forgive the "mess" it is in, and of course the crazy test posts.

http://www.xenfx.net/community/index.php

That's extremely useful. Is that likely to stay up or something you plan to remove?

That's extremely useful. Is that likely to stay up or something you plan to remove?
Hey, I agree -- that's great! Definitely a good resource! I think your add-on sounds like a good one for me.
The name of the ad templates more or less describes where they go.
There isn't a document detailing them.

I just made these up, feel free to add them to the FAQ if you think they are good enough

ad_locations1.webpad_locations2.webpad_locations3.webpad_locations4.webp

I'm keeping those up until I take official SS's for the release of the add-on. I want to leave them there for reference as there are six different possible combinations of displayed ad templates, depending on ControllerResponse TemplateName. I already have a list of each combination; something I needed to help keep resources used by this add-on to a minimum.

I'll create a list for XF if anyone would think it would be helpful.

Top Bottom