Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything posted in the thread...

Puleeze. This thread is all about XenForo business issues not details of the lawsuit. Even there, before the cloak of invisibility descended, they were commenting on the fringe lawsuit stuff like a hokey post by vB lawyer that they had to hire private investigators to find XenForo even though XenForo never moved from the last place they were contacted.

They are told not to comment on details of lawsuit and that's it.

And frankly, no one is asking them to respond here but to post information on features, fixes and updates for the software which is totally normal and expected behavior in this market.

We pool our money.
We buy some southern comfort and jack daniels.
We send an emissary to each of their offices/homes.....
;)

I don't feel the need to explore alternatives because I'd have a year or two in which to make such decisions - and there are only a limited amount of forum packages which would allow easy export-import....

I'm going to move to whatever package the Great Ones decide to support (Jake, etc.).

My Prediction - if things go well - that is, updates and new fixes and new features, people will cheer for a couple weeks...then the same threads will start all over again!

Paul is Dead. The World is ending.

Speaking of the world ending, I think they calculated a decent percentage chance that when they blew up the first atomic bomb...it might ignite the entire atmosphere. Of course, they did it anyway!

I will still speculate that they aren't commenting on future features, so they aren't ripped off by other forum software developers.
That is solely my opinion.

Good thinking!

In my industry, the big innovators stopped attending the yearly trade show for exactly that reason.

I will still speculate that they aren't commenting on future features, so they aren't ripped off by other forum software developers.
Which happened around the release of XenForo.

You only need to look at IPB to see where some of those ideas came from.

IMO that's how any company should manage their business, look at how successful it worked for Apple. Just don't say anything and let the rumors create the publicity. Then when no one expects it boom - you launch the thing that destroys the competition.

IMO that's how any company should manage their business, look at how successful it worked for Apple. Just don't say anything and let the rumors create the publicity. Then when no one expects it boom - you launch the thing that destroys the competition.

LOL well that's certainly one way of doing business. But that's not treating your current customers fairly.

Good model.
But the big difference here is that Apple has made it clear many times that is what they are doing.....

It's different when you just do it....or do it one way, and then another, etc.

You know what I've been in deep thought about this. I've noticed that knowing about something before you can experience it, actually ruins the full experience. I prefer surprise over expectation. Sometimes building up anticipation by hyping up a product can work against people. Especially if the consumers end up getting let down.

I've been thinking bout this lately because I was thinking about how nowadays I can easily just go to wikipedia and read the plot details of a movie, videogame or piece of literature. From that point I can decide whether it's worth my time and it's call cause of the internet. I hope your right cause this makes sense.

I will still speculate that they aren't commenting on future features, so they aren't ripped off by other forum software developers. That is solely my opinion.

Safe to say that is one speculation that is not the reason for the silence with the entire history of Xenforo and forum software ruling it out.

IMO that's how any company should manage their business, look at how successful it worked for Apple.

Except that's not Apples's method at all as anyone involved in their developers network knows. Apple works closely with them and far in advance so when the product hits the stores the cool apps are ready to go. Applying Apple's methods to XenForo, key developers like XenStyles would be intimately involved with 1.2 changes so their apps are ready to go.

And how exactly would commenting on features the competition has that XF doesn't lead to that? Come on, being able to move a post into an existing thread is hardly innovative, it's pretty much the standard, except for XF where that isn't possible out of the box. Nor is making a forum solution mobile ready / responsive. Others are there already, I want to know how long it will take for XF to be usable on a mobile device.

There is a lot of irony to the title of this thread and the fact that rumors seem to rampant in the thread. I know the likely response to this is that more communication would tamp that down. But, those not in the know posting guesses does not fix that.

Just a comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom