Animated GIF avatars

Dark Matter

Just asking? Do you have XenForo 1.0.3 installed here and are using ImageMagick instead of GD2, as my animated avatar (is not being animated).

Image below is 200x200px large, same image I just used as my avatar.

My guess is it won't be used here as animated avatars would alienate quite a few people I suspect.

That's why I asked to be honest, I had a feeling they may have stuck with GD here to avoid people flooding the forums today with animated avatars being added. As I tend to agree, they can be quite off putting.

People saying it doesn't work. Are you aware that your server must have a minimum version of ImageMagick installed, your problem could lie there. Check your php info page and see what version of ImageMagick is shown as being installed, it does tell you.

Imagick is a native php extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API.
This extension requires ImageMagick version 6.2.4+ and PHP 5.1.3+.

In addition to the ImageMagick library, the PECL Imagick extension also needs to be installed.

Even so, it appears there may be some problems and a bug report has been opened.

In addition to the ImageMagick library, the PECL Imagick extension also needs to be installed.
In Debian-based systems there is no necessity to use PECL. ImageMagick module is installed by a command:
Code:
sudo apt-get install php5-imagick
And if it is necessary to install through PECL it is required to install a large quantity of packets. In general the instructions on usage PECL confuse. Unfortunately, instructions on usage imagick PECL in adjustments in the Admin panel not absolutely correctly.

Kier, why it is impossible by means of function phpinfo () to receive the information on the installed version of ImageMagick extension or what it isn't installed or it is not included? Depending on result to include in the list of switches usage of this extension by a XF.

Just asking? Do you have XenForo 1.0.3 installed here and are using ImageMagick instead of GD2, as my animated avatar (is not being animated).

Image below is 200x200px large, same image I just used as my avatar.

How about something in between instead ;)

How about something in between instead ;)
View attachment 16718

Well the minimum avatar size recommended was 200x200 in your profile settings here, so I created it based on that to work right had ImageMagick been used on XenForo. If your running a home server using WampServer or whatever. Here is a good guide I used to install it proper at my end. Installing both the ImageMagick first on my C Drive, then the php extension with WampServer on my F drive.

http://www.elxsy.com/2009/07/installing-imagemagick-on-windows-and-using-with-php-imagick/

No, how can I when I don't own an XenForo license?

I have ImageMagick installed working proper is what I mean. And reading many peoples posts here giving the impression they run XenForo locally "saying it doesn't work in showing animated avatars". Makes me wonder - do they have ImageMagick set-up right in the first place.

Let's be absolutely clear here. Having ImageMagick installed on your server does not mean that you can have animated avatars. You must look in your phpinfo for an extension called imagick.

Screen shot 2011-07-08 at 20.31.01.webp

If you do not have imagick listed in your phpinfo, you don't have the necessary PHP extension and cannot have animated avatars.

I think it's also worth mentioning here, if your using WampServer that is. That you should be seeing the php_imagemagick extension listed as loaded below (highlighted in yellow).

02.webp

I have ImageMagick installed working proper is what I mean. And reading many peoples posts here giving the impression they run XenForo locally "saying it doesn't work in showing animated avatars". Makes me wonder - do they have ImageMagick set-up right in the first place.
Yes we do... read the other thread in the bugs forum.

Top Bottom